Guardians 17: Second Gem

“Lorelei…”

Naibalik ang tingin ko kay Castiel ng marinig ko ang kaniyang boses—her melodious voice that I haven’t heard for a long time. I smiled widely, and I couldn’t help but hug her tightly despite seeing the two men looking at each other seriously.

“I’ve missed you!” Saad ko, and I just heard her hearty laugh. Ang hinhin ngunit ang sarap sa pandinig. It was captivating and contagious, napansin ko ring tila nag-iba ang atmosphere—it was like it also laughs when she laughs.

Is that even possible?

“I am too…” sagot niya naman bago kami naghiwalay ng yakapan. I got the chance to stare at her and appreciate her godly beauty.

She has this out-of-this-world kind of beauty, and that word itself wasn’t enough to describe her. However, because of that, she must disguise herself to hide it. I have met Castiel, who was using magical eyeglass to make her look ugly—or change her appearance whenever she goes out. The same eyeglass that I used before I was new to Luminaria Realm.

Bagong lipat sila rito no’n and mimi and nana already recognized that they are immortal but doesn’t know what realm they came from. She was with her mom at dahil magkapit-bahay lamang kami and both immortals, our family clicked. ‘Yon nga lang, wala akong ideya kung anong realm sila nanggaling. Maybe mimi and nana know while I don’t have any idea.

“Oh! Anyway,” bago ko pa makalimutan ay humarap ako kay Aiden na naka-tingin na sa aming dalawa ni Castiel bago siya ipina-kilala. “This is Aiden, my boyfriend, and baby, this is Cast—” naputol naman ang dapat kong sasabihin ng magsalita si Castiel.

“Solstice,” she said and extended her hand to shake Aiden’s hand.

Habang ako naman ay nagtatakang tinitingnan si Castiel na naka-tingin naman kay Aiden habang mayroong kaiibang ngiti sa kaniyang labi. She is beautiful when she smiles, but there is something in her smile—it says something, but I can’t figure it out.

If I can’t figure out the meaning of Castiel’s smile, it looks like when it comes to Aiden, he understood it. He became more serious—this is him every time he is thinking deeply—while looking at Castiel. But he still manages to shake Castiel’s hand in return.

Then Castiel turned her eyes on the man beside her, whom I think Castiel’s boyfriend. Na sabi kong tila may relasyon sila dahil sa paraan ng pagtitig niya sa kaibigan ko. He looks at her like she is the only thing that matters in this world. Full of love, adoration, and respect.

“While this is—”

“—Dashiell…” hindi naman pinatapos ni Aiden si Castiel sa pagsasalita, and his voice sounds so serious, so does his face. Again, they are looking at each other seriously, like any time they will attack in no time. Ngunit nagkamali ako ng nagsalita ang estrangherong lalaki.

“It wasn’t my name, you motherfucker,” naiinis na wika nito at ng mapatingin ako ulit kay Aiden ay nakitang naka-ngisi na siya.

What’s… happening?

“It’s your name because I said so,” nang-iinis namang sagot ni Aiden habang naka-ngisi pa rin.

“Fuck you!” Tanging sagot na lamang ni Dashiell kaya hindi ko mapigilang mapakamot sa batok.

Then I heard Castiel chuckle before pulling me inside her house. “Let’s just let them catch up together, Lei,” she said that’s why I just let her.

Pero bago pa kami tuluyang makalayo sa dalawa ay narinig ko pa silang nagtatalo but I guess, they know each other. Pero wala namang naiku-kwento sa akin si Aiden patungkol dito. I am curious but I guess, I will just ask him later.