Guardians 29: Protectors of Magic

The following day, we are finally heading to the portal. Orson—who I finally met—accompanied us to see us off. He’s a big help for us because we don’t have to lurk around this dangerous place anymore just to get where that portal was.

“The portal is located at the highest part of the mountain. A lot of monsters are lurking around that area, but don’t worry. Everything is under control,” Orson said, as he teleported us to the place that he was talking about.

Nakarating naman kami sa lugar na kaniyang tinutukoy, and we are in awe when we saw the portal between the other realms. This portal is different from the portal we used to. This is more mysterious and… nauseating in my eyes.

The portal is swirling, and it makes me dizzy habang patagal nang patagal ko itong tinititigan. I am not a fan of any kind of portal and will never be. Especially that portals have a kind of force that’ll pull you hard. But I don’t have a choice, even if it never fails to give me a heart attack.

“Oh, how I hate portals…” I heard Gen say, and I agreed silently.

Orson faced us, while there was a smile on his face. “I bet you’ll hate portals more, princess,” he commented, and it seemed like it scared Gen more. “Just a reminder, Guardians of Magic. This portal is different from the portals you used to,” it was like a warning, and I can’t help but hate it.

“How different?” Lucas sounds worried before he looks at me and Gen, who hates portals.

Orson looks at the nauseating portal first before saying, “Since this portal is a portal between the other realms, expect that it has a greater impact than the portals you are used to. Even though you say that you’re already used to the portal’s impact, this one is still different.”

What I heard made me grimace, and the prince of fire noticed it. I felt him kiss the side of my head, trying to make me feel at ease, but it wasn’t working right now. If I can only ditch that portal, I already did. I don’t hold grudges except portals.

“I’m sorry, you have to tolerate this kind of thing,” I heard Aiden’s soft voice, as he hugged me tighter.

I sighed. “I can do this. I just need you to hold me tighter…” I replied, and even though I couldn’t see his face, I knew he was smiling.

“Alright. Let’s not waste any time anymore for it’s too precious,” we focused on Orson, who fully faced the portal behind him. “To the Alastair Realm…” as he uttered that, the portal’s color changed.

From dark, just like the night with a lot of stars swirling around, to dark navy blue. Kahit na napaka-ganda ng mga tila butuin ay nakahihilo naman ito dahil sa mabilis nilang pag-ikot. Portals are like tornados in my eyes, but with a twist.

“Damn… I am fucking nervous…” I heard Kaizer say, while we’re all looking at the portal.

Then Orson faces us, smiling. “I wish you well, and success, Guardians of Magic. Save the dying Tree of Life and bring back the supreme guardians. We are all rooting for you…” he said like those were his last words before we saw him turning into dusk slowly.

“Mr. O-Orson… what’s happening to y-you?” Rielle asked, but Orson only smiled at us.

“I have been looking forward to meeting all of you… I have been waiting for all of you to find your way here. Because it only means that you are not just going to save the Tree of Life nor to bring back the supreme guardians to save this realm from corrupting. But also, it only means that our realm goddess is coming back… and it’s near…”