Guardians 24: Island of Atlanta

I woke up as I remembered everything. I recall what the fog showed me and my dream where I saw the goddess of water. Hindi naman ako makapaniwala dahil do’n. Lalo na at ramdam ko pa rin ang pakiramdam nang kayakap ko siya.  

And I am longing for that hug…

I shake my head as I look at the dark sky. But then, I was confused when I realized that I was not under the fog’s magic anymore. I am not in the Forest of Unknown either. Instead, I am in a place where I can see a lot of stars in the dark sky.

Beautiful…

They are moving—they are forming different shapes. I enjoyed watching the sky, but when I heard waves, I just can’t help but blink multiple times. It’s like a wake-up call for me for being too mesmerized with the stars. The Alphas… napaupo ako at tumingin sa paligid.

Napahinga naman ako nang maluwag nang makita ko silang nakahiga malapit lang sa akin. But then, it made me feel suspicious when I noticed that they seemed to sleep too deep. As I am about to reach Gwen na malapit lang sa akin, tsaka ko naman naramdamang mayroong pararating.

I abruptly stood up when I felt those unfamiliar presence coming to where we were. Hinanda ko ang aking sarili at tumingin sa paligid. We are inside of a forest, but unlike the Forest of Unknown, this one is livelier and much safest.

“And just who are these visitors?”

“They are the immortals that we have been waiting for, Father.”

I froze when I heard those voices. It was a man and woman’s voice—one sounds old, and the other sounded young. Dahan-dahan ko itong nilingon, ngunit hindi ko inaasahan ang aking nakita. Because standing before me are two gnomes… and they remind me of dwarfs because of their heights.

They have pointy ears, the man has white hair and long beards. I can’t describe their clothes well because they were made of an unknown fabric. The lady was wearing a dress, at inaalalayan niya ang kasama niya, who she called father.

I swallowed while looking at them as they looked back at me. Hindi ko alam ang aking gagawin, ngunit hindi ko naman inaasahan ang sunod nilang ginawa. They suddenly bow—like they are worshipping me, and it left me dumbfounded.

“Our divine lady…”

Sabay nilang wika na ikinanganga ko. Our divine lady? Who? Me? Those words are familiar with me at mabilis ko namang naalala kung saan ko na ito narinig. When I was in the academy and the pixie that I encountered before called me like that too…

Lumunok ulit ako at wala sa sariling nagsalita, “At ease…” mahina lamang ‘yon ngunit narinig pa rin nila. Muli silang tumayo at hinarap ako.

Now, I can see happiness in the depts in their eyes. “We’ve been waiting for you, our divine lady… however…” nagkatinginan pa silang dalawa bago tinuloy ng lalaki ang sasabihin. “You might wonder who we are…” he smiled at me. “I am called Senior Tiberius, the leader of water gnomes who guards the Goddess of Water’s Island—Goddess Atlanta. While this is my daughter, Marin. And yes, my divine lady, you are already on the Island of Atlanta…”

Napanganga ako at mabilis na inilibot ang paningin sa paligid. This place is so peculiar—so beautiful—so surreal. It is like you are in another dimension while looking around. This is out of this world! This is indeed a haven of one of the goddesses.

“Unbelievable…” naibulong ko habang inililibot ko pa rin ang paningin.

We are inside a forest, yet I can even hear the calm sound of waves like I am only facing them. I can see unfamiliar plants and flowers, and so do animals. They are so enchanting, but these two gnomes are more enchanting than anybody in this place.