12: i find home in you

let's ignore the fact that i might disappear for another eternity-

enjoy angels <3

==

<Author>

Morning came as a sweet kiss from the heavens, soft rich tangerines and clementine melting on the tip of horizon with a tinge of subtle amber to set the sky ablaze. It was barely past five in the morning, the rays of sunlight barely touching the still slumbering city and the dark night sky.

Jungkook woke up to comfortable warmth, eyelashes softly fluttering open as he tried to get back to his sleep, not wanting to wake up so early. He slowly pried open his left eye, calmly watching the dark sheer curtains of the bedroom window gently blowing with the cool morning breeze that flew into the room.

He groaned softly, reaching the nightstand to get his phone. He winced when the light hit his face. 5:16 am, the time read.

He hummed to himself, turning his phone off and putting it back in its place before turning on his side. Only to see the ravenet sprawled over his side in all his glory, sheets covering him upto his waist while he had his arms buried beneath his pillow, sleeping on his stomach.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile softly on seeing Jimin sleeping without a t-shirt, the piece of clothing currently lying on the floor beside their bed since the older usually preferred sleeping without a t-shirt.

The younger didn't mind at all since he too, sometimes liked sleeping without a t-shirt. And a half naked Jimin was simply an amazing view to wake up to. The younger chuckled to himself after considering his not so innocent thoughts.

He sighed softly, brushing a hand through his brown hair while his eyes raked over the other. He slowly moved towards the other, laying his head on Jimin's back before placing an arm around his slim waist, sheets rustling as he did so. He stayed like that for a few minutes, eyes closed as he felt Jimin breathe beneath him, every tick of the wall clock echoing in his mind.

He felt a sense of tranquility spread through him, a feeling of content and calmness that made him smile unconsciously. So he turned his head to place a small kiss on the skin he had placed his head on, letting the feather-light touch linger for prolonged moments as his hands moved to gently stroke Jimin's messy raven locks.

And somewhere in between, Jungkook truly felt grateful for having found someone like Jimin. It warmed his heart to the very core, the thought of having someone so understanding and caring in his life, someone with whom he could just let go of all his worries, thoughts and insecurities that he held deep inside him and simply be himself for a while, not someone he pretended he was.

On one side, there was Jimin who had accepted him just the way he was, had accepted all his flaws with his entire heart, had never let him doubt himself. And then there were his parents and friends, people he had known longer than Jimin.

When did it even come to something like this? Jungkook didn't know the answer to that. But he wished he did.

He couldn't remember his father being so distant towards him when he was younger. So what had changed? Maybe the fact that he hadn't chosen to study the subjects his father had wanted him to...? Jungkook remembered fighting with his dad for the first time ever in his life over deciding his future studies.

He had wanted to study photography and media whereas his father had wanted him to opt for business and management and further pursue a 9 to 5 job. Even after agreeing, reluctantly so, his father had shown his disappointment by not talking to him for weeks. It had hurt him, his father not agreeing to his future aspirations making him doubt his own decisions.