4: ink and roses

<Author>

"Fucking finally!" Jungkook muttered under his breath when it was finally time to leave. He heaved a sigh, taking his eyes off his watch while packing his belongings hastily. He couldn't be anymore patient. He wanted to get to Jimin so much.

Slinging his bag onto his right shoulder, he quickly shuffled out of his seat and rushed out of his classroom. Making his way out of the packed hallways, he found his group of friends standing around the entrance, probably waiting for him.

"Kook! Wanna hangout today? We might go to the club." Namjoon asked quickly, shoving his phone into the pocket of his blue ripped jeans as Jungkook jogged up to them while the others waited for his answer.

"Don't ditch us this time dude, you're coming!" Tae persuaded while chewing on a piece of gum as he eyed Jungkook for a response.

Jungkook was panicking internally. There was no way he was going to change his plan about meeting Jimin today, he really wanted to be with the elder since they hadn't been getting much time together these past weeks. And also, he didn't want to get into trouble if his parents found out about him going to the club. He won't be allowed to step out of the house.

On the other hand, his mind was wondering if he should just tell them all the truth. But again, the same fear engulfed him and he lied.

"Um... guys, I don't think I'll be able to join you all today, I have something-" Jungkook was cut off by Yoongi's annoyed glare.

"Why are you always avoiding hanging out with us? You always give excuses." Yoongi said, a hint of doubt audible in his voice that had Jungkook on alert. The younger's eyes widened momentarily but before he could answer, Jin was already speaking.

"Leave him guys, he's not gonna come anyway." The other said, a bite in his tone that Jungkook didn't like at all. Was it his fault? Jungkook just stood silent, didn't know what to say even. He knew his friends wouldn't like him not agreeing with their plans, but honestly, he didn't want to go to anywhere today. He just wanted to go to Jimin.

His friends simply turned and walked away without even saying goodbye. And for a moment, Jungkook wondered if he should've just said yes. It would have made his friends happy at least. He couldn't help but feel as if he wasn't happy around his friends anymore. It all felt like acting now and he couldn't stop himself from wanting to quit.

Sighing heavily, he dragged himself to the bus station and sat down on the bench. He still had to wait at least fifteen minutes for the bus to arrive. Jungkook took out his phone to find his favorite playlist. Clicking on it, he plugged in his earphones and let out a breath as the sweet melody reached his ears. He simply closed his eyes and let his heart connect with the beautiful lyrics.

Music was something too special to Jungkook. It was his everything when he had no one on his side. During his childhood, he had gone through quite much emotionally. When his pet dog had died, when he had realized that he liked men but was too confused and scared to tell his parents, even before he had Jimin and sometimes, just the days he felt too gloomy and lonely. Music was something that never left him alone and he had no idea if he would be able to live without it.

His eyes shot open when he heard the tires of the bus screeching against the metalled road and halt at the station. He quickly stood up and moved towards the bus. A small smile tugged at his lips as Jimin invaded his thoughts. The elder just made him so happy. Jungkook leaned against the glass window, his doe eyes scanning the world with a child like curiosity but he couldn't stop thinking about his boyfriend. He exhaled softly, smiling while the soothing music uplifted his previous mood.

-----

'Ink and Roses'

Jungkook whispered the name, his eyes gleaming with happiness as he entered the said shop. The tattoo shop was quite special to Jungkook because it was the first place he had met Jimin. And that day had changed his life in every possible way.