America's Scary

"We're home!" James called into the house when they arrived. America took Regulus' luggage and smiled at him.

    "Hi!" Euphemia called as she walked into the living room at the front of the house. She scanned all the six faces and when she landed on Regulus, she did a double-take. She looked between Sirius and Regulus.

    "Mother, this is Regulus Black," America told her mother.

    She nodded, understanding what she was saying, which was, he ran away from home. "Merlin's beard we could have picked you lot up."

    "I know, but it was last minute.

    "It's a pleasure to meet you, Regulus."

    He nodded reluctantly and looked at America for approval. She smiled. "Thank you for having me, Mrs Potter."

    "Call me Mia." She shook his hand.

    "What was that?" Fleamont questioned from the kitchen, striding into the living room. "Hello, Remus, James, Peter, America, Sirius," he said to Regulus.

    Regulus tightened his lips, hanging his head. Fleamont paused the action of taking a mug then turned to look at the actual Sirius and furrowed his eyebrows.

    "Father, this is Regulus Black," America said, clearing her throat. "Reg, meet my dad, Fleamont."

    Everyone shifted uncomfortably in the living room before mumbling an excuse to leave, saying that they had to unpack, but America dragged them all back.

    "I'm sorry," Fleamont mumbled, dumbstruck.

    Regulus gave him a tight smile. "It's okay."

    "He can stay in my room," America told them.

    "No," James said fiercely. "He can sleep in mine."

    "He could sleep in our room," Remus offered up the guest room.

    Everyone started talking at once, their voices overlapping on each other as Regulus and America both stayed silent. The crowded room was so loud the girl began to feel dizzy.

    "I can sleep on the couch," Sirius offered.

    "I'm not a charity case," Regulus sneered back. "I can sleep on the couch."

    Sirius furrowed his eyebrows as James talked to Remus and Peter about how he was able to sleep in the living room so they could keep their beds. "I never said—"

    "It was a bad idea for me to even come here," Regulus said, shaking his head to himself. "I need to go home."

    "You can't," Sirius said fiercely, the loud talking intensifying.

    "You can't tell me what to do!" Regulus shot back. His eyes carried a fire no one had ever seen before.

    "I'm your big brother!" Sirius exclaimed and suddenly, everyone started talking even louder.

    "You stopped being my big brother a long time ago!" Regulus shouted and everyone watched them as they continued talking. America silently stepped in the middle of the room, though no one minded her presence as the fight continued. "You chose James over me!"

    "Enough!" America shouted suddenly, silencing every person in the room, including her parents. The tone in her voice, unlike anything anyone had ever heard before, startled everyone. She took a deep breath. "Sit," she said curtly.

    Euphemia plopped down immediately, shocked. James slowly, begrudgingly sat as well and none of the Marauders even questioned it as they dropped down to the floor.