ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ

Hiii!

which state in the US should I set this story at?

WARNING⚠️

"Oh damn."

"What is it?"

They heard their dad say as he walked over.

"Who is he?"

"One of the guys from the store."

"Oh. Ok, well I'll get dinner started soon. Want anything specific?" He could not give less of a fuck about anyone who insults his family.

"Dad!"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm?"

"Wait, what do you mean at the store? Did they bug you? Did Axel—" Ethan pegged on.

"Your father told me they harassed her, I don't know who is who though." 

Y/n rubbed her brother's shoulder.

"Axel didn't even speak. The guy that died was the one that hurt me and said some stuff about our parents. I mean, I guess it sucks he died. I don't really wish death upon anyone."

"Even my parents?" Y/n's dad questioned her.

Her dad's parents were your typical conservative anti-LGBTQ+ family. But they were very hard and strong in their beliefs. They had beaten their dad for months until he could run away safely.

Y/n hesitated for a second while her dad smirked teasingly at her.

"I mean—ugh don't put me on the spot like that! They deserve severe karma, there."

Her dad only laughed while collecting the pots he would use to cook.

"I mean they already did. Isn't grandpa in jail for--"

"Can you guys be quiet for FIVE MINUTES?! This is an important part and you guys keep talking over it!"

Lily yelled and her arms crossed while glaring at them from the living room.

"Lily, don't yell. There are better ways to ask people to be quiet."

She pouted when her dad scolded her and became even more sad when she looked at the tv and the scene was over.

"Sorry..."

The two siblings held in a little laugh while going back to their activities, Y/n rewinding the tv before starting painting.

The news of the death was now old news in the household.

:::

"Fuck man, you sure you didn't see his killer?"

Axel was asked for the hundredth by his group.

"Again, when I came back outside, he was already dead. There was nothing I could do."