Seventeen.

Draco woke up to his alarm going off for the sixth time today. It was always hard for him to get up in the morning.
Today was no different.

Growing up an only child, in a family that expects only the best from you, was exhausting. Countless rules and expectations from the moment you can walk, talk, and conduct your first spell.

Now, the same is expected for his attitude, his demeanor, grades, Quidditch... you name it. He follows them to this day.

Factor in Saint Pottah, who used the excuse of dead parents to get away with whatever he wants. Has Professor Dumbledore wrapped around his finger.
Rejected his offer of friendship during their first year at Hogwarts.

He loathed him.

Now even more so, knowing how Pottah seemed interested in Maisie the same was he was.
But Draco knew.

Draco knew that Maisie would never end up with someone like Harry fucking Pottah.

Draco knew that Maisie would only end up with someone within her caliber...
Someone like himself.

It's aggravating whenever he saw her hanging out with other guys. It even pisses him off when she's with Theo or Blaise.
How even when they innocently hang their arm around her shoulder, or stand close to her makes him want to tear their limbs apart.

She's friends with them, so is he.
He lets it slide... but he just want her to himself.

But every advancement he made towards Maisie, she's deflected.
Every compliment rejected.
Every smirk ignored.

He kept track over the years how she's reacted to every single flirtatious sentence left his mouth and whispered into her ear.

When she licks her lips.
How she bites her lip unknowingly.
Or runs her fingers through her hair, pushing it away from her face and ruffling it back down to the back of her head.

He's imagined so many times, how he'd hold up her hair while she's sucking on his...
He's imagined that way too many times.

It frustrates the fuck out of him.

How someone as beautiful, smart and witty as her, is also the only person who can make him go fucking mad with jealousy. Get under his skin.

The only one who he can't get to fucking like him.

Draco took whatever outlet he could to blow off some steam and frustration, whether it was drinks, drugs, or girls. They all came up mediocre, all temporary.

He knows none of them would last, but if he could just have her... he wouldn't need anything else.

She would be enough.

She was the only thing that made him feel better on his darkest days.

On the nights at Malfoy Manor when it would be storming and the lights go out.

During the sleepovers growing up when he's had nightmares.

When Lucius was going through one of his episodes.