Six.

The Slytherin common room was only lit with multi-colored neon lights, just enough for eyes to adjust and see where exactly everyone were walking to.

The atmosphere was immaculate.

The dungeons, being in the most secluded part of the castle, allows for Slytherin house to throw the most epic house parties known to man.
Lights were strobing around the room, with students gathered in the center , grinding against one another, oozing sexual tension as the air smells like smoke, sex and alcohol.

Maisie walked down the steps to take in the energy that was emitting off of the room. A smirk came across her face once she saw Daphne calling her over to a table on the opposite side of the dancing crowd.
She walked over, careful to not get in the middle of duos groping each other on the dance floor. She finally got to where Daphne was, where she was greeted with a shot glass.

"Just one for now," Daphne tries to plead, "You don't have to drink more if you don't want to."

Maisie smiles and accepts the drink, toasting to her best friend before taking it down in one gulp.
As she sets the shot glass back down onto the table, she and Daphne were startled when Pansy poured herself her own shot and tanked it down with full force.

Maisie and Daphne both looked at each other in awe, before looking back to Pansy to ask, "What's up with you?"

Pansy starts to huff, "Draco is with your slut of a sister."

Pansy points to the left of Maisie and Daphne, revealing Astoria leaning her back against the wall with Draco in front of her, leaning one hand against above of Astoria to keep him up. He has his boyish smirk on, that he uses to make his girl of choice weak at the knees.

That's the thing with Draco Lucius Malfoy.

Whatever he wants, he finds a way to get it.
Most guys cower in his presence. Girls swoon over him.

If there was one person, you didn't want to mess with at Hogwarts. It was Draco.

Besides the rumors going around about his family connections with Lord Voldemort, Draco makes a name for himself, by himself. There's no one else like him and he likes it that way.
Many have tried to imitate, but... everyone knows who always comes out on top.

Most of the time, he makes other people do any work for him... but when it comes to girls, he likes the chase.

He's spoiled. Rotten.

It's not hard for him to find a girl that won't drop to her knees for him, which he doesn't mind. He likes a submissive girl. He likes to have control. He knows what he wants, and he'll do what he wants. No mater what anyone else tells him to.
So when a girl, like Pansy or Astoria, is always at his beck and call, it gives him the feeling of superiority.

Like a king. Worshipped and untouchable... until he allows you to touch him.

Maisie can see past that. She saw past that.

She knows that Draco can be the same boy she knew when they were younger.
Funny, smart, and kind... when he wants to be.

That's why Maisie likes him, cause she knows the real Draco Lucius Malfoy.
No matter how different he may seem now, she knows him all too well.

Then again... she would never admit to those feelings.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, by the way.
This is a Draco Malfoy fanfic...

But...things change. People change. Feelings can try to change.

That will make sense later.