seventeen

"DOREAAA" Someone yelled shaking her shoulders, her eyes fluttered open with some reluctance. "WE HAVE A QUIDITCH GAME IN 20 MINUTES"  Smith yelled and she jolted out of her bed sprinting to the bathroom.

When she got to the stands she searched for her helmet. No where.

"anyone seen my helmet?" she asked, all hufflepuff chasers wore them because they were the main target of bludgers, but other teams thought them silly. The other chasers were searching frantically for theirs.

"what do we do?" one said

They were playing against Gryffindor, for the first time this year. They had played against everyone else but gryffindor. This meaning loads of students were here to watch gryffindr face off the 'weakest' team.

Dorea hyperventilated in a corner. 

"dorea we need you to play" Smith said rubbing his eyebrows

"b-but" she began

"if you don't play we're throwing our entire season in the trash"

"and if I play I'm throwing my entire life in the trash" she said to quietly no one heard.

If she played her family would find out, there was no question. If she played she'd basically be throwing away all of her bridges and setting them on fire. If she played her parents would be livid. She couldn't do that yet.

"we need you to play." Smith said again.

"we can say you're filling in for Lila, we could say she's sick" A chaser said quickly and Dorea nodded. Then the chaser bolted off to tell the announcer.

"alright all of you just be careful of bludgers." Smith yelled and they all bolted out.

James smirked as he saw them but noticed the chasers weren't wearing helmets. That meant Dorea wasn't wearing a helmet. She was screwed.

"We have a last minute announcement everyone" the announcer yelled  "Dorea Black will be filling in for Lila Read, who is sick." he spoke and the game began.

After an hour the game came to a halt when James caught the snitch and cockily flew around the stands with it in his hand. Dorea followed silently mocking him with an imaginary snitch.

They then landed with the rest of the team and smirked.

"good game" She said and smiled

"How come you guys weren't wearing helmets Puff?" He asked

"someone must've taken them." Puff responded

"whoever did-"

"it's fine they said I was just filling in didn't they?"

"I guess" James said and the two were greeted by 3 smiling faces.

"James you played great!" Sirius said smiling towards his best friend "so did you Puff"

"I know" she smirked, Remus came up from behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"You both did wonderful" He said smiling

"y-yeah" Peter said grinning ear to ear

"Puff won't your parents get angry?"Peter continued and Sirius glared at him for a moment.

"They said I was just filling in, and if word does get around I'll just tell them it was a one time thing" she said and smiled before walking away to her own team.