thirty-nine

"honey? Could you get that?" Andromeda's voice yelled from the bathroom, she was rangling a squealing Dora trying to give the reckless three year old a bath. But she was not cooperating.

"yes dear" Ted walked to the window and unlocked it letting in a tame owl that sat quietly on the kitchen table. He could tell this was one of Newts many pets because it had a loose yellow ribbon tied on it's foot.

He untied the letter and let the bird rome free. He quickly returned to the bathroom, dodging a few scattered toys on the floor and almost tripping on a wooden duck.

"Meda dear, it's from Newt" Andromeda Tonks burst from the tubs edge, as she turned. Ted sat down on the counter and began to read the letter aloud. Andie sat at the rim of the bathtub holding a restless toddler wrapped in a soaked towel. He skipped the pleasantries and got to the point. "Dorea's issues began in her first year when she did not place in Slytherin" he read aloud, pausing as Dromeda sucked in a breath. "rather in Hufflepuff" Andie stayed quiet for a while. Baby Dora not knowing why the moment was so stressful squealed,

"like daddy"

"yes baby, like daddy" Andie turned her gaze to her daughter smiling tenderly at the little girl all wrapped up. "I knew she was different" she said to her husband, who was watching attentively. "I'm so happy, but so worried, you know how my parents reacted when I married you, you the hufflepuff but imagine how they felt when they had a child of their own in hufflepuff."

"I understand"

"please keep reading dear"

"during that year she got numerous threats from family members"

"those bastards"

"I met her the summer after her first year, she had not been doing great" he paused " though it could be worse. I hate to have to send the news but she does return to school after break with numerous cuts and or bruises" Andie sucked in a breath and seemed to tense at those words. Dora slapped a hand onto her mothers cheek and squeezed her nose. Deffinetly not understanding the weight of the conversation and was just doing what bored toddlers do. "She has good friends who keep her company and has grown quite close with a few of the teachers"

"that's good"

"I don't know if this is previous but she is quite close with both her cousins Sirius and Regulus."

Andie smiled as she thought of the many times Regulus and Dorea had shown their friendship, though her parents always thought it was romance. Such idiots.

"She came back from winter break just today telling me that she had to stay with her aunt for half the break. The reason for this being-"

"oh my dear god they sent her to Walburga's, ugh they're trying to make her a lady"

"did you ever go"

"yes."

"the reason for this being, she had played quiditch the prior term andher parents learned of the fact. She has had better days but I believe she is doing alright. Don't fret, she has many eyes watching over her. She is okay, I hope this calms the nerves of both parties"

"okay my ass" Andie spat. Dora opened her mouth but Andie covered her daughters mouth lightly earning her daughter licking her wedding ring. "don't copy mommy Dora, mommy was bad and shouldn't have reacted that way. Let's get you to bed hun"

Andie carried Dora back into her nursery, a war raging in her head. She dressed Dora and layed her down.

"story" she whined