thirty-three

Dear Newt,

I know I know it's supposed to be Professor Scammander but we're out of class now. I know I told you I couldn't write but risks aside I need help. I'm not at my Fathers and Mothers house I'm at 12 Grimauld place with my cousins my aunt and uncle. Please come help, my aunt is worse than my parents. I won't go into specifics but I need help, please. I know this is out of character, but that shows how much I need this. I think they might kill me,

"I wouldn't keep writing that letter my little Dorea" a snear voice echoed through the halls. Dorea threw her quill, into the wall, it piercing through the wall and hanging in the wallpaper. "who is it you're writing to" she walks into Dorea's room, her heels clicking on the cold floor.

"no one"

"really?" she paused "is that so?"

"yes" her voice was shaking, internally cursing her stupid vocal chords.

"oh sweetie you are a terrible liar" but she wasn't and if she was, she would go to any extent to keep her loved ones safe.  "hand it over"

"no."

Walburga walked closer smirking "hand it over or punishment awaits" it had been exactly a week since her birthday, she still wore her deathly hallows charm. Dorea couldn't get out of this easily or in anyway she wouldn't regret. But if it meant Newt staying safe she was okay with whatever. Dorea suddenly shoved the paper into her mouth, the taste of the ink burning into her tongue. Walburga gasped in disgust.  "Dorea, disgusting" she spat. Dorea smirked slightly and spit the paper out at Walburga. The ink was smeared, inlegible. 

"it better have not been a boy"

"it wasn't m'am"

"sure it wasn't. I'm positive this'll get it out of you" she smirked raising her wand. Dorea stood up.

"please don't-"

"shh honey, you can just tell me now"

"don't call me that" she knew Walburga wasn't using these pet names out of love or even mild liking it was out of manipulation and cruelty.

"you shouldn't have been writing to anyone, the only people that matter are around you, and you will see very soon"

Dorea stayed silent

"Dorea you are a  Black. You are already betroved to someone, so unless you wish to end up like your dear sister Andromeda I suggest you drop whoever you were writing to, whoever you're interested in" slight anger tinged her voice.

"I am..I'm betroved?"

"yes Dorea. So stop acting like a child"

"I'm twelve years old!"

"you're old enough to be a lady"

"I have been on this planet twelve years. I am not ready to be betroved. Especially to anyone in this godforsaken family."

"you best silence your words"

But Dorea's anger had already spilled. In retrospect this escolated very quickly.

"I will not marry my own blood. I never will. I will kill myself before I marry anyone in this cursed family."

"oh but you will"

"I will never"

"Dorea it is already planned, up to the minute even, it is set in stone"

"I will break the stupid rock. I bet it's gravel"

"it is iron Dorea, and little girls cannot break iron"