Chapter 1

"Fuck, I'm late," I sighed while jumping out of my comfortable queen-sized bed and into the cold concrete floor

I stumbled into my ensuite bathroom and used the sink to splash cold water on my face, to force myself to be a productive member of society. I then undressed and hopped in the shower. I know I should hurry because I'm pretty sure I'm already an hour late but what difference would it make if I am two hours late? The next train wasn't for forty-five minutes anyway. After finishing, I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped out of the steaming shower and into my cold bathroom.

I walked to the sink, grabbed the blow dryer, and pressed the green button, allowing it to turn on. After I finished drying my hair, I opened a drawer and pulled out a hairbrush. I brushed through my long white hair and then put it up in a ponytail. Then I quickly brushed my teeth. When I was finished, I left the bathroom and walked over to my dresser, and grabbed the clothes out of it. I pulled the towel off myself and quickly changed into the stupid school uniform.

I looked into the mirror, adjusting my black skirt and buttoning up the matching black shirt. I have always hated school uniforms. They are dull and uncomfortable. I don't understand why I can't just wear what I want.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and left my room making my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed the lunch I made last night. I put it on the counter and then went to find my bag which I found hanging up near the door. I walked over and grabbed it, and hurried back to the kitchen. I opened my black bag, shoved the lunchbox into it then closed it once again. I threw the bag over my shoulder and walked to the door. I put my white shoes on, unlocked the door, and left the house.

I plugged my headphones into my phone, turning on my music, to drown out all the noise as I walked down the busy morning streets. I looked around at the city as I walked, and relaxed. The roads are filled with cars just like every day. It's kind of off-putting when the streets are empty. I find it more comforting when they are busy and I don't know why. Maybe because there are fewer villains around during the day?

After 10 minutes of walking for ten minutes, I made it to the train station and hopped on the train. It's crowded as usual, especially when it's rush hour. Most people right now are businessmen and women trying to get to work. The doors to the train closed and it started to move. I looked down at my phone to see I am now two hours late for school.  I sighed and leaned against the window, and closed my eyes.

------

After being on the train for about 30 minutes it was finally my stop. Exiting the train I started to walk down the streets. Before I got to school I took off my headphones and put both them and my phone away. I traded them for a little notebook and a pen. I opened it to a blank page and made a note. I like to take notes throughout the day just to make sure I don't forget anything.

I entered the old worn-down school and walked into the office. I sighed when I saw the lady at the desk. I hate her. But I have to get a pass. I forced myself to walk up to the desk and ring the little bell.