Chapter 11

About 20 minutes after our little car talk we arrived at my dad's agency. Mirio parked the car as I grabbed my bag. Once he was done I got out of the car and closed the door behind me. I looked at Mirio as he turned off the car and got out, locking it behind him. He shoved his keys in his pocket and quickly joined me at my side.

We both walked inside and I waved at the lady at the desk. She had dark black hair and horns. She's new so I don't know her name yet but I'll find out someday. The other lady that used to work here retired recently. We walked over to the elevator and I hit the up button. We waited for a few seconds for the door to open then it did. I walked in and Mirio followed me. He then pressed the button to the fifth floor.

I leaned against one of the walls of the small metal box, looking forward at the door and watching it close. Seeing my reflection staring back at me. Looking to my right was Mirio with a huge smile on his face.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Because I'm with you," he said with a huge smile on his face.

"Aww that's cute," I said then hugged him. He hugged back with his huge arms. Wow. I still can't get over it. I tried to pull away from the hug but he didn't let go.

"Mirioooooo let gooooo," I said, patting his arms.

"I don't want toooo," he said.

I looked to the side. How long is this elevator ride? I have to tell dad to get better elevators. I looked up at the number and it was four. Panic ran through me as I looked back at my boyfriend.

"Mirio we are almost at the fifth floor," I sternly said as I tapped his arm.

"Ugh," he groaned and let me go.

I looked into his blue eyes as he placed a little kiss on my lips. I smiled then the elevator dinged and the door opened. We both moved away from each other and I hurried out of the elevator. I walked down the hallway towards my dad's office. Once I got there and opened the door to see him sitting at his desk. His head shot up when he heard someone come in. I could tell he was annoyed but when he realized it was me he smiled.

He was in his normal gray suit like he always is. I looked at him. We look nothing alike. My hair is white and kind of gray while he has green with streaks of yellow. His eyes are yellow and mine are orange. He also wears glasses while I have perfect eyesight, like my mom. He looks like a true businessman while I look homeless most of the time.

"Hello, Akira. Hello Mirio," he said.

"Hello, sir!" Mirio greeted me as he stepped into my line of view.

"Hi, dad! What are you doing?" I said as I walked over to him.

"Just reading some papers," he said.

"Need help? I can get that shit done in like 5 minutes," I smiled and sat on his desk.

"One don't swear and two yes you can help if you want. I need to talk to Mirio," He said as he got up and walked over to Mirio.

"Ok!" I said and hopped off of the desk. I walked around the table and sat down in his chair. I watched the two of them walk out and then I looked down at the piles of papers. I grabbed a pen and activated my quirk. I started to flip through the papers and write things down on them.

Analyzing papers...

Progress reports... Meeting requests...

I grabbed a notepad and started writing little summaries for each paper. I stuck it on the pages then made another pile of all the shit I've read.

Analyzing...

Meeting request... 9:00 tomorrow or 10:00 in 2 days.

A new reporter...

New company...

What does this company do?

I looked at the little logo and tagline at the bottom of the paper. I scanned over it and it popped up in my vision.

"Brand new company has been open for about 4 months now. Not doing so well, dad wouldn't want to be interviewed," I mumbled, writing it down on the sticky note and putting it on the paper.

I continued to do this and got through about half the stack. I was still going through the papers when I looked up at the door.

Analyzing the door...

Oakwood, about 1-year-old, in good condition.

Ugh, stop analyzing the door- I thought.

Slight vibration.

Possible outcomes...

Door opens, an earthquake... Tornado?

"Bro I know it didn't just say tornado," I deactivated my quirk and watched the door. Then the knob turned. My dad walked in with Mirio behind him. I looked at him and he looked upset. What happened?

"I got about halfway through your papers dad," I smiled as I leaned back in his chair.

"Only halfway? You're getting slow,"

"Shut up," I snapped. "So what did you two talk about?" I asked as I spun around.

"Nothing important," he answered.

"Sure it is," I rolled my eyes and ripped myself off of his comfy ass chair.

"Why don't you two go train or something until I'm done? Then we can go home, Akira," my dad said as he sat back in his chair.

"Yeah I could go for some training right now," I smiled and walked over to Mirio. I grabbed his arm and tugged him In the direction of the door. "Come on Mirio," I said.

I dragged him out of the room and into the hallway. Once we got far enough away from my dad's office I let Mirio go and turned to face him. He wasn't smiling which is a very, very, rare thing. He's usually always smiling and overly happy all the time.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied.

"I don't even have to use my quirk on you to tell you're lying," I said and crossed my arms.

"It's... nothing," he said and looked away from me.

"No no no it's not, what's wrong? What did my dad say to you?" I asked.

"It's nothing really," he stated.

"Mirio Togata. Don't lie to me," I snapped.

"He didn't say anything, it's something else," he mumbled.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

"I think we should break up," he said.

"What? Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" I was shocked. What is he talking about? We are fine. Nothing is going on. We haven't fought. Why does he want to break up? It has to be a joke. Right?

"I just don't like this. The sneaking around and worrying about your dad finding out about us," he explained.

"If that's all we could just tell him. I'm sure he would love to hear his favorite student and daughter are together," I said and grabbed his hands.

"It's not just that, there are other things," he said and gently pulled away.

"Mirio don't do this to me," I begged and grabbed his hand again.

"Akira you know how much I care about you," he started but I didn't let him finish.

"If you cared you wouldn't be breaking up with me," I snapped as I felt tears form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Whatever," I mumbled before storming off in the other direction.

"Akira! Where are you going?" He called out.

"Somewhere that's not here!" I yelled and wiped the tears from my eyes.