Chapter 3

I can't believe he said that

I can't believe he said that. I thought as I and Deku walked outside the school on our way home. We have not said anything to each other since we left the classroom. I could tell that he was sad and that made me even madder than I already am. I just don't know what to say to him but this silence is killing me. I'm going to say something.

"I can't believe he said that," I said. He didn't respond, his head was down. What is he thinking about?

"Why is he so mean to you? We all used to be friends. What happened?" I asked. He didn't reply right away. He was probably thinking about how to reply, wanting to give me an actual reason even though I don't think there is one.

"I don't know, we were friends until I found out I was quirkless," he replied softly.

"Well fuck him Deku. He's an asshole," I said.

We continued to walk side by side. As we walked I saw a fountain that was shaped like a rectangle. It wasn't big or extravagant, it was just a basic concrete fountain. There was a little tree over it. I walked over to it to see Deku's notebook being eaten by 3 orange and white coy fish. I reached into the dirty water and pulled out the brunt and wet notebook. Now I can read it. It says 'Hero analysis for the future at the top and in the middle, number 13.

"Hey, I found your notebook," I said, holding it up so he could see. "Wish I could read it though. It's all wet and fish were trying to eat it," I said.

"Good to know my dreams turned to fish food," he said sadly.

"Well maybe I can help you rewrite it," I said. "My quirk comes in handy with these things," I smiled.

"Please just give it back," he said sadly. My smile dropped and I handed him the notebook. His brows furrowed and he bit his lip as he looked at the book. Bakugou is being an ass for no reason. I thought.

"Stupid jerk," he stated. I smiled as he said that, He is a jerk.

"Yeah, he is," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Just don't let him get to you. I'm the only one that can be mean to you," I smiled and looked up at him. "But everything is going to be okay. Do you know why?" I asked.

"Why?" Deku asked with a slight blush on his face. I smiled again and lifted one of my arms.

"Because I am here!" I announced, trying my best to sound like All Might. Just like uncle All Might, I thought. Deku would lose his mind if he found out that I know All Might. So would Bakugou but he would never admit it. Deku started laughing and I followed in his footsteps. It makes me happy to see him laughing and smiling. He needs to be happy more often. I thought.

"I am here," he said while his face morphed to look like All Might. I have no idea how he does his face so well. He looks just like him.

"I swear you can shapeshift. That's your hidden quirk," I laughed. Then we both started to walk once again.

We continued to walk and talk about whatever came to our minds. I helped Deku go through his ruined notebook and rewrote the basics on my own. He held it out in front of me and I held my notebook in my hands along with a pen. I used my quirk to read the smudged ink and quickly wrote them on the page. Deku was amazed the whole time we walked. My quirk could do so many things and he always loved watching me use it.

After about 30 minutes of walking and writing, we both had to go our separate ways. I ripped the pages from my notebook and handed them to him. He gave me a quick hug and then said thank you 20 times before finally saying goodbye. He went left down his street while I continued straight to the train station. I pulled my phone and headphones out, pulled them into my phone, and started my playlist.

I finally got to the train station just in time. I almost missed the train. I hopped on and found a seat and sat down. It took me longer than I expected to get to the train. Usually, I'm one of the first on but Deku had slowed me down. I pulled out my phone and started playing some of the games I had on my phone.

After 20 minutes of playing the same games, I stopped. I decided to open my news app just to check if anything interesting is happening. I spend a few minutes scrolling the apps and reading the titles of random news articles that no one cares about. I was about to close the app before I saw a video that caught my eye.

I read the video name 'Student being held hostage by a sludge villain'. I click on it and watch as the newscaster talks about how someone was taken hostage and his quirk is making it impossible for heroes to save him. The newsperson moved to the side to show fire everywhere and in the middle a green villain. The camera zoomed in to show the hostage screaming.

It is Bakugou, he is being attacked. I thought.