Chapter 7

Bakugou and his mom finished making dinner as me and his set the table

Bakugou and his mom finished making dinner as me and his set the table. It's good to know that Bakugou is even more hot headed when he's cooking, and so is his mom. I offered to help but they both refused because I am a guest. They put bowls of rice with pork on the table. Mine didn't have pork, instead there was an egg. Mr. and Mrs.
Bakugou sat on opposite ends of the table and I sat across from Bakugou.

"Thank you both for letting me stay for dinner," I said as I picked up the chopsticks and started eating. I looked at Bakugou to see him shoving food in his mouth like a mad man. I don't understand how some people can eat so fast.

"It's no big deal. We are both happy that Bakugou has such a good friend," his mom said as she picked up her own pair of chopsticks. Bakugou's head shot up and he glared at his mom.

"He does need more friends," his dad mumbled as he started to eat. Bakugou shot a glare at him as well but didn't say anything.

"I just felt like I intruded and invited myself. What I'm trying to say is sorry for any inconveniences," I said.

"No you didn't," his dad answered.

"Akira honey, your welcome anytime, Bakugou desperately needs company," she said, making Bakugou glare at her again. If looks could kill she would be dead. "And the more you're around the less I have to deal with him," she added.

"Shut up hag," Bakugou snapped and she hit him.

"Stop being so rude with your friend here!" She yelled.

"I can be however I want!" He yelled back and then they started to argue.

"He really likes your company," his dad said and both of them shut up.

"I like hanging out with you to Bakugou," I smiled as he looked away from me.

———-

After a while, we finished eating and I helped Bakugou and his mom clean up. Even though they both didn't want me to, I insisted. His mom was cleaning the dishes and Bakugou was drying them. Then he gave them to me so I could put them away.

"You know you don't have to help right?" Bakugou asked.

"Yeah I know," I answered.

"Then why are you?" He asked again as he handed me a cup.

"Because I want to," I replied as I put the cup in the cabinet.

"You must do a lot of cleaning at your house," his mom said.

"Yeah it's just me and my dad so I do a lot of the cooking and cleaning," I answered.

"Must be hard," she stated.

"Mom enough," Bakugou snapped as he aggressively dried a plate.

"No it's alright," I smiled and took the plate away from him. "It was hard at first but now we have a system down," I added.

"I'm assuming you never see your dad, he is a pro after all," she said.

"No we spend time together all the time. Some people think it's impossible to be a pro hero and a dad but he does it well," i explained and she nodded.

"We're done," Bakugou said. "Let's go back to my room," he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the kitchen, all the way up to his room. We went back to his room and he shut the door behind him. I went back to his bed and sat down.

"You know you don't have to answer her questions right?" He asked as he sat next to me.

"yeah I know but I don't really mind," I said with a smile. He hummed and looked away from me.

"Ugh I have this feeling that I'm forgetting something but I can remember what it is," I sighed and put my hands over my eyes.

"Well what were you doing before you got here?" He asked.

"Well I was going home when I saw you on the news. Then I ran over to see you," I explained. He was about to say something but then my phone went off and my loud ringtone filled the room.

"Where is my phone?" I asked and looked around the room. Bakugou got up and walked to his desk.

"Found it," he said and then stared at it while looking shocked.

"Who's calling?" I asked as joined his side. I looked down to see my boyfriend is the one that's calling me.

"Why does it say babe? You're dating someone?" He asked as I grabbed the phone from his hands.

"I'll answer your questions later but I really have to take this!" I said before running out of his room. I ran throughout the house until I got outside then I answered.

"Hey babe! What's up?" I asked as I wondered why he called me. I heard a loud rumbling sound come from the other side. He's in a car.

"Hey, where are you? You were supposed to meet me at the agency so we could hang out before your dad got out." He answered. Oh that's what I forgot.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry I forgot. One of my friends got attacked by a villain so I went to make sure he was okay. Then I stayed for dinner. I knew I was forgetting something but I couldn't remember." I rambled as I started to pace. Then I heard him laugh.

"I couldn't understand most of that but it's okay. I hope your friend is alright!" He said.

"Yeah he's alright," I answered.

"That's good. Hey it's late, do you want me to come pick you up? I know you hate taking the train at night," he asked.

"Yeah I would like that!" I answered with a smile even though he couldn't see it. I told him the address then we said our goodbyes. I turned around and walked back inside. I looked to my left to see bakugou standing right next to the door.

Was he listening to me?