Chapter 21: Rekindled Romance

Me and Tessa have gotten back together for three months now. I love her so much. Right now, I am watching Mallory and Thomas. Tessa was not kidding; Thomas has a major crush on Mallory.

"Hey, Mals?" Thomas asks.

She hates that nickname. "What?"

He looks nervous. "Um...uh..." I try not to laugh as she glares daggers at him. "Nothing."

"Hmm." She looks pretty satisfied with herself.

I lean in and whisper to her. "You know, the more you push him away, the more he will flirt with you."

"I'd like to see him try." She crosses her arms.

"Okay then Barbie. Have it your way." I hear Tessa coming down the stairs. I see her and she takes my breath away. She is wearing a little black dress made of velvet that hugs her curves in all the right places.

"Wow! You look really pretty!" Thomas says.

Mallory covers Thomas's eyes with her hands. "Eyes off my mommy!"

Tessa bursts out laughing. "Thanks, Tommy." She sees me and bites her lip. "You look good."

"Why thank you.... Sparky" I say. She rolls her eyes and I kiss her on the cheek.

"Ew! Germs!" We both laugh at Mallory.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep, Mary should be here-"

KNOCK.

KNOCK.

KNOCK.

"I got it." She opens the door and lets Mary inside.

"Mallory!" Mary says. She goes and picks up Mallory in a hug.

"Mary!" Mallory hugs her back. Mary puts her back down and goes to sit with her and Thomas.

"Let's go." Tessa holds my hand in hers. We drove to a restaurant that Tessa always wanted to try. We get outside the car and go inside. "Wow, this place is fancy." We sat down in a booth next to each other. The food is amazing and so is the company.

"You know this is the first date night we have been on since you found me."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Well, how am I doing so far?"

She leans over and kisses me. "Amazing."

I smile in response, and we spend the rest of the night catching up. "What made you chose the name Katherine?"

"I don't know, I think it was the name of my first buyer at the gallery."

"Hmm."

"What would you have named her?"

"Um, I would probably name her after my grandmother, Ruth."

"I've always liked the name Ruth."

"Who knows maybe one day we can have our own little Ruth running around." I say with a smirk.

"Matt, I just had a baby, I can't handle another one."

"I was kidding." I place my hands over hers. "I'll wait as long as you want to."

"So, you do want more kids? With me?"

"Yes, but only if you want that too."

"I...um.... Matt, there's something you should know." She takes a deep breath. "I... I almost lost Katherine."

"What do you mean?"

"I almost had a miscarriage, Matt."

My heart breaks for her after hearing those words. I pull her closer and comfort her. "I'm so sorry, I hate that you went through that alone."

"It was really hard; I had an emergency c-section. I was in the hospital for weeks."

"Do....do you want more kids?"

"I don't know if I can have them."

"That's okay, I love the family we have now. And we could always adopt in the future."

"I love you." She says and pulls me into a kiss.

"I love you too."