Chapter 12: Picture Perfect

A few weeks later.... deciding to stay has been one of the best choices I have ever made. I've gotten even closer with Matt and his family. Right now, I am out in the fields with Amy, taking her picture. She wanted me to take hers ever since she saw the pictures from the photo album. Only she and Matt really know the full story of my past, I have yet to tell the others.

Amy poses for the camera, and I take her picture.

CLICK!

She walks over and I show her the photo. "What do you think?"

"Oh, wow. Tessa, I love it! Thank you."

I smile, but it doesn't reach my eyes. "Anytime."

She frowns. "What's the matter?"

"I just.... I'm thinking of telling the others what happened to me, but I don't know if I should. What do you think? You know them better than I do."

"I think you should Elizabeth first, she's the more understanding of the three." Amy looks past me and smiles. "Speak of the devil."

I turn around and see that Elizabeth is on a horse in her usual cowgirl getup. "Howdy." She says as she gets off her horse and makes her way over to us.

"Hey, how was the new trail?" Amy asks.

"It's perfect. Maybe, a certain couple will go riding there sometime. It's a pretty romantic spot." Elizabeth says as she nudges my shoulder.

I sigh. "Maybe."

"What's wrong?"

I look over to Amy and she nods. "I have something to tell you."

"And this is where I leave." Amy says and walks over to the stables.

Elizabeth crosses her arms. "Oh no, what did Matt do? Oh my gosh, are you pregnant?!"

"What? No!" We haven't been together that long.

"Oh, then what is it?"

I look around and notice that Jackson and Asher are still near us, I don't think I'm ready to tell them. "Let's go inside first."

"Okay." We walk inside the house and sit down at the kitchen table. "This must be serious. Is it about them?"

I nod. "Yes."

She leans forward. "Tell me everything."

"