Chapter 10: The Morning After

My eyes open as the sun streams in through the window. I hear faint snoring; I turn around and see that Tessa is still asleep. Her back is facing me, and I lazily run a finger down the scar that starts on her shoulder. I give her shoulder a kiss followed by a quick peck on her forehead. I throw on some pajama bottoms before going downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and see my brothers with big grins on their stupid faces.

"Have fun?" Jackson asks as he takes a sip of coffee.

Asher smirks. "It sure sounds like she did." He clicks his mug with Jackson's.

I cross my arms, it's too early for this. "What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing" Asher says and gives me a look. 

"What?"

"Are you...you know..." Jackson says.

"Going to ask her?" Asher asks.

"Ask her what?"

"To stay!" Jackson exclaims.

"Well...are you?" I just now notice that Elizabeth is also downstairs.

"I don't know."

"What don't you know?" she asks.

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why?" she asks.

"Tessa doesn't think it's safe to stay in one place for too long."

"Did she tell you why?"

"It has something to do with Mallory's safety."

"Do you want to know what I think?"

I shrug. "Sure."

"I think, I have never seen you so happy with someone." She's not wrong. "Maybe, she is too scared to ask, maybe you should ask her to stay."

"What if she says no?"

"From the way she talks about you and looks at you...well, I don't think she is going to say no."

I smile, "She talks about me?"

"Oooohhh" Jackson says.

"What did she say?" Asher asks.

"Nope, not going to tell you two."

"Uh!" Jackson says.

"I am hurt!" Asher says.

Liz rolls her eyes. "Such drama queens."

I nod in agreement as they walk away. I decided to make breakfast for me and Tessa. After putting it on a tray, I walk back upstairs and go into my room. Tessa is still sleeping on my bed. I put the tray down on the bedside table and sat down next to her on the bed. She opens her eyes as she starts to wake up.

"Morning, Sparky." I lean down and give her a quick peck on the lips.

She gives me a smile and a kiss. "Morning." 

"I made you a little something." I said and nodded towards the tray. 

"Oh, thank you." She reaches over and takes a bite of some of the toast that I made her. 

I could watch her forever, just sitting on my bed and wearing my shirt. I snap out of my daze when she wipes my lower lip.

"I think you have a little bit of drool...right there." 

I playfully grab her wrist and kiss her hand. "I want to ask you ask you something."

"What is it?"

"I was thinking..."

I wanted to ask her to stay with me, so badly...but I don't even know if she wanted to stay. I know that we have a connection between us...but what if it's all one sided? I need to test the waters before diving in headfirst into something serious with her. 

"What if we went out again? But in public?"

"I don't know-."

"Before you say no, here me out. It's not always crowded, I'm pretty sure the people that you are running from would stay from it, and it would just be me and you. What do you think?"

"Where is it and what is it?"

"It's a surprise." I can see her thinking about it. "And it might just be the best night of your life."

"Okay, I'm in."