Chapter 24: Always

I tap my foot a little impatiently as I wait at the altar for my bride. It didn't take long for us to pick a date for our wedding. Funny enough, it was the anniversary of Tessa's arrival at the ranch. Yes, I did memorize the date and might have it tattooed on my chest.

"You look pale," Todd says.

"It's my wedding man, I am allowed to be nervous."

"That is exactly why I brought her." Jackson hands me my baby girl, Katherine.

I give her a kiss on the forehead, and she gives me a little giggle. "She is perfect." I smile at my little everything.

"There she is!" Katie takes her from me. "Stealing the baby, now, are we?" She scowls at my brother.

"We are just trying to help the pale looking groom," Asher says.

I roll my eyes as the music starts to play.

"Oh! It's starting!" Katie takes the baby with her and finds a seat.

Jackson fixes my tie one last time. "Ready?"

"More than you know." Tessa walks down the aisle in a lace covered wedding dress and she has never looked more stunning. She stops walking and stands across from me. I take a breath to cool my nerves. "You look gorgeous."

"So do you." She gives me a wink.

The ceremony starts and now it's time for our vows. I go first. "The day you came knocking on my door was the best day of my life. I didn't know much about what you had been through, but I knew I needed you in my life. A week wasn't enough for me, I wanted more, I wanted you..." 

I wipe a tear falling from her cheek and I continue. "And that day you agreed to stay with me.... I never thought I could be happier. I was wrong, the happiest I have ever felt is right now, here with you. You gave me not one, but two daughters and a home. You are my everything. I love you more than anything."

She takes a deep breath. "Well, that is a tough act to follow." I smile as everyone laughs. She takes a breath. "When I met you, I was scared, scared of how I felt. How I felt that way about someone.... about you, I never loved someone as much as I love you. I should have never left. I should have stayed with you. But two years later you went and found me, I never stopped thinking about you, and I never stopped loving you those entire two long years."

"When I looked at our baby girl for the first time, all I could think about was how much she looked like you." She wipes a tear falling from my cheek and continues. "You make me feel safe, loved, and adored. You are my everything and I love you more than anything. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." And she calls me the smooth talker.

We say, 'I do' and I dip her in a heated kiss. I break the kiss and rest my forehead against hers. "I love you, Mrs. Green."

She smiles. "I love you too, Mr. Green."

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. -1 Corinthians 13:7

 -1 Corinthians 13:7