Chapter 23: Sun to His Moon

Six months later....

I have a huge surprise planned for Tessa and I refuse to tell her what it is. All I said to her is that we are going away for a few days and to pack a bikini. Right now, we are in my car on the way to her surprise.

"Figure out where we are going yet?"

"Maybe."

I take one of my hands off the steering wheel and hold one of hers. "You are going to love it, I promise." I kiss her hand as we continue to drive. "We are here." I helped her out of the car. Tessa's eyes widened in shock at the glamorous beach house in front of us. I turn around and she nearly kisses me to death. "So, I take it you like it."

"Like it? Baby, I love it!" We go inside and unpack. Later, we headed down to the beach. Tessa changes into a bikini and I can't keep my eyes off of her. "Are you going to keep staring or are you going to join me?" She asks as she stands in the water.

"So bossy."

She rolls her eyes until I finally come over and pull her into a heated kiss. We stay in the water until sunset, swimming, kissing, and enjoying each other's company.

Time flies by and now it's the last day of our little getaway. 

"Is this okay?" She is wearing a red sundress and matching red lipstick. She is truly stunning.

"It's perfect." She smiles in response. "Come on, let's go." I take her hand.

"Where are we going?"

"You will see." I take her for a stroll on the beach. "And here we are."

She gasps. "Oh my." On the beach is a blanket covered in rose petals and sitting on it is a table that has rose petals on it and the meal that I recreated from our first date.

I can't help it as the smile on my face grows wider at the shocked look on her face. "Are you hungry?"

She turns around and looks at me with lust filled eyes. "Starving."

We have some fun in the sand. After we eat, the sun sets. It's finally nighttime. I pick up my guitar.

"Oh, are you going to sing for me?"

I smile. "Yes."

She sits back and smiles as I play my guitar and start singing. She smiles even more as I finish the song and put the guitar down. I hold her hands in mine and stare into those blue eyes of hers. I take a deep breath. I have never been so nervous in my life, and I hope that she can't see it.

"The day I met you, I knew I had to keep you in my life somehow. Even if it was for a week, after our first kiss, I knew I wanted you to stay with me. I wished I chased after you that day you left, that I wasn't stuck in that hospital, I wish we spent more time together before. My wish came true when I found you two years later, like the stalker I am." She giggles as I continue.

 "The second I saw you at the gallery, I knew I had to make you mine somehow." I get down on one knee and pull out a ring that has a sun and moon gemstone on it. I got it a few months after I moved in with her.

She gasps. "Oh, my."

I look up into her eyes that are shedding a few tears, hopefully they are tears of joy. "You are the love of my life, the mother of our children, I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you.... will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

She nods. "Yes! Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" I slide the ring on her finger. "Oh, Matt. It's perfect."

"You're perfect." I wrap my arms around her and pull her into a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you more."