Defense?

An annoyed Lucy was a new sight for the gang. It was surprising to them. But it wasn't a surprise to see that Natsu would be the one to bring out that side.

"Come on Lucy, I said I'm sorry!" Natsu whined, but the grin on his face was enough for anyone to know how sincere he is.

"No."

They watched as the couple walked towards them from the parking lot, Natsu trying to make eyes with the fuming blonde. But she determinedly looking away from him.

"Couple's first fight?" Jellal questioned as the sakura-haired boy jumped on the blonde's back to annoy her into looking at him.

"Looks like it." Gajeel answered before calling out to the duo. "What did Salamander do this time?"

The two of them walked closer to the gang, Lucy still adamantly looking away. "He made me sleep with him yesterday."

Jellal did a spit take, accidentally choking on the water he was drinking while Gray and Gajeel laughed out loud. The girls however were blushing, Erza especially who immediately put Natsu in a chokehold.

"Damn Flame brain, you work fast!" Gray laughed, even more, when Erza seems ready to skin Natsu alive.

"What did I say about taking advantage of her!"

"You were taking about skipping school! And it's not what you think!"

Lucy didn't know why they reacted like that until she realized how she had phrased her sentence. "N-no! That's n-not what I m-meant!"

She moved to remove Erza's hands from Natsu so that he could breathe again. She was mad at her boyfriend, but that doesn't mean she wanted him dead.

"Explain." Erza said looking at Natsu, who was trying to get him breathing right. Not wanting him to get in more trouble, Lucy steps up.

"Um, w-well, yesterday he brought m-me to his house because of... reasons. A-and he lied to me that t-there wasn't any other room available. S-so I had to s-sleep n-next to h-him."

Everyone seems to calm down at that, the boys even seem disappointed. But Erza was still glaring.

"He didn't do anything unsavory towards you?"

"No!" Both of them yelled out Natsu, more exasperated than Lucy. "You've been haunting my ass since yesterday! I'm not gonna do anything bad to Lucy!"

Suddenly Lucy remembered a vague memory of a phone call from yesterday.

"Do I really have to?... No, I'm not taking advantage of her!"

"... Natsu, yesterday... D-did someone call you yesterday?"

"Yesterday?" He rubbed his chin in a thinking position before he snapped his fingers. "Oh Yeah!"

He whirled around, pointing his finger at Erza accusingly. "You said I'm using Lucy to get out of school!"

"I said no such thing. I simply inquired if you will take advantage of her situation to avoid your responsibilities to your education."

"That's the same thing!"

As their bickering got louder, others started noticing them. But Lucy was still confused and scared. So to make her mind and heart at ease, she moved closer and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention.

"I-is that all y-you meant y-yesterday? Y-you didn't- I m-mean- y-you're n-it-" she gritted her teeth in frustration when she couldn't voice her thoughts properly.

"What's wrong, Lucy?" Natsu asked, suddenly concerned that his girlfriend seems so intense about a phone call.

Noticing all the attention she was getting from not only her friends but the other students too, Lucy moved closer to Natsu for comfort. She could see the way some of them were looking at them for some juicy gossip that they could use.