Grandine?

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to hoping it's better than 2020!

"Lucy? What are you doing here?"

"This is Natsu's girlfriend, dear."

Lucy watched as Grandine looked from Lucy to Igneel to Natsu and then back to her in shock. 

"No way, Natsu was the boy you were talking about?! The way you were talking about I thought you liked a sweet boy, not my destructive child!"

"Hey!"

"He is s-sweet. He's a-always n-nice and k-kind to me. I r-really like him." Lucy mumbled softly at the end as everyone looked.

"How did you get someone as great as Lucy?!"

"Mom, will you stop that! And how do you know Lucy, anyway?" Natsu asked, trying to steer the conversation away from their relationship.

"We met at the hospital two years ago." Grandine sat down on the couch and opening up the takeout. "I brought Bellum-food for lunch."

They all sat around the living room, everyone taking their share to eat. Natsu made sure that he was sitting near Lucy, who seems hesitant to join in.

"Come on, you need to eat up." he said, giving her a plate to eat. "I have a feeling you haven't eaten anything since morning."

Lucy felt her face warm up when her stomach rumbled at the sight of the food. She silently ate the food while his parents started interrogating him.

She smiled, blushed and giggled at some questions they asked, amused at how they don't seem to care how embarrassing or sometimes even inappropriate their questions are.

"Do not change the subject! You were going to tell me why we have not met her till now!"

"You haven't met her because I knew you would act weird like now! And I'm not changing the subject! Why did you meet Lucy two years ago when you were a specialist back then?"

Grandine tried to discreetly look at Lucy, but it was easily caught by Natsu. He turned to see Lucy trying to avoid his eyes. He suddenly came to a horrible conclusion.

"You're not dying, are you?"

"W-What?"

"That's why you have that list with you! It all makes sense now!"

"N-No, it isn't what-"

"And now you going to leave me all heartbroken! I'm going to be the boy that lost his love like that one movie where-"

"Listen to what others say and don't jump to conclusion!" Grandine yelled with a slap to his head. Natsu rubbed his head while his father laughed at his misery. Even Lucy couldn't keep her giggles in.

She however stopped when she felt a pair of eyes on her. She turned around to see Wendy, Natsu's little sister, looking right at her. Lucy had to admit, she was a little creeped out.

"You're Natsu-nee's girlfriend?" Wendy asked suddenly.

"Y-Yes?"

"You are really pretty."

"T-Thank you. So are y-you." Lucy said so that Wendy wouldn't keep looking at her intently.

She however just scoffed, "No, I'm not. Everyone at school calls me 'board-girl'."

"You should just beat them up, Wendy. Or let me beat them up." Natsu said, taking a second helping for himself.

"You are not beating up any middle schoolers." Grandine stated.

"Does that mean I can fight others? And besides, better me than dad."

Grandine turned to see her husband trying to act innocent. "Igneel..."

"What? She's my little girl! It's my job to punch anyone who insults her!"

As they went into another bicker, Lucy couldn't help but smile. They were all so ridiculous, but it has been a while since she felt part of a family.

The sound of her phone ringing caught her attention, but before she could get up, Natsu stopped her. "Don't worry, I'll get it."

He went to get her bag and quickly came back with her phone. On it was Aquarius's name with one of the rare photos of her smiling.

"Hello?"

"What's this about you getting beat up again?"

'How did she-'

"H-how did you k-know about that?"

"I have an associate there. He let's me know stuff. Now why exactly wasn't I informed of this."

"Um... I didn't want you to "handle" this. The last time you did, someone almost drowned."

"So they'll get a little wet! Big woof! If they think beating someone up is fun, then they'll deserve that. Now where are you."

Natsu must have amazing hearing because he suddenly came next to Lucy and spoke into the phone. "Hey Lucy's Boss!"

"That's Mrs. Aquarius to you brat!" Came her snippy reply before a pause came. Then, in an icy tone, came her voice again. "You're with the boy."

"Ye-yeah, I got hit in the head. I'm at Natsu's h-house so I'm not a-alone."

"And by not alone you mean..."

"You don't have to worry, Mrs. Aquarius." Grandine suddenly said. Seriously, does everyone in his family have a great hearing? "We are all here so they will not be left alone. This is Natsu's mother, by the way."

Lucy blushed at what they were insulating. She looked to Natsu only to see his completely oblivious face.

'How is this boy the number one player in our school?'

He must have noticed her look because he turned to her and grinned a charming smile.

'Oh, that's how.'

"Well, I don't care what that brat does in her free time," 'Liar.' "but I need her to come to work today. The new girl is an even bigger mess than Lucy, so we need more hands on deck."

"Lucy really isn't in the right state to work."

Lucy moved to protest, but her pained wince more than answered for her. She really didn't want to trouble Aquarius. She was the one she could always count on.

"Hey, why don't I go to Lucy's work? It can't be that hard." Natsu said excitedly.

Lucy looked sceptical at that statement. Did he really expect her work to be that easy? She wanted to let him do it just to prove him wrong, but the looks that Igneel and Grandine exchanged made her hesitate.

'Why do I feel like this is a bad idea...'