Rival?

I'm baaack! And I don't feel so good :( So to fill up my non-existing love-life I figured I'll go back to some romance writing :) Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Can someone tell me if I have to do this for all chapters ╥﹏╥ I think we already established this.

The early morning breeze was chilly, as Natsu looked down from the rooftop. There were just a few more mins before classes started and he could see students walking into the building, only a few staying for the last bell. Not that he cared, he was thinking about skipping, anyway. Another cold breeze came and Natsu's hand unconsciously went to his cigarette.

He took one out before sighing, "I really should stop like Erza said."

"I don't mind."

Natsu turned around, lighting the stick that he took out. There, standing before him, was his...

'Friend? Client? Fuck-buddy? What is she to me?'

"I think a man smoking is quite a hot look for him.

Natsu smiled, "Not quite good for his health though. It's been a while, Dimaria."

The spiky-haired girl smiled back before moving towards him. "Well, you only live once. But if you want a healthier high," her hand went to the cigarette, taking it from his lips to hers, "I'm always here, you know."

Her golden hair reminded him of another blonde-haired girl that he had promised himself to. He couldn't continue... whatever this was with Dimaria, or any other girl for that matter. He slowly moved away from her hands.

"Sorry Dimaria, but I can't do that. I kind of have a girlfriend now."

She seemed surprised at his rejection before chuckling softly. "You know that I don't mind a third-party. We had so much fun with Randi that one time."

Natsu's face turned to a grimace, not knowing how to tell her that was one of the worst things he had ever done in his life. Not only did he not feel any satisfaction, but he also felt bad for how she treated that Brandish girl during it.

Just as he was going to explain to her, he heard the door to the roof open. He looked up to see his shy girlfriend, and he was so thankful for moving away from Dimaria's hands.

Unfortunately, Dimaria wasn't very pleased.

"What do you want? Can't you see we're busy."

Not wanting a misunderstanding, Natsu moved nearer to Lucy, throwing a hand around her shoulders, "Dimaria, meet Lucy Ashley, my girlfriend. Lucy, this is Dimaria. She's a... friend."

Natsu didn't bother looking at Dimaria's reaction as he pulled Lucy along with him, throwing a half-minded goodbye.

"So, why were you up in the rooftop? Were you looking for me?" Natsu teased as they walked along the hallway.

"W-well, you weren't in c-class and I didn't w-want you to fail. So I came l-looking for you."

Natsu grinned at how red the girl was. That was one thing that Natsu liked about her, unlike other girls. She showed her emotions freely than playing coy or try to act sexy.

"Aw, you're worried about me. Although I don't actually feel like going to class." he put a finger to his chin as if he were thinking before smirking at her. "Maybe I'll feel like it if you give me a kiss."

He pulled the girl closer to him, his lips almost touching hers when she suddenly pushes him away from her. He lost his balance at the sudden unexpected reaction and fell on his butt. Other than his friends, every girl that he ever interacted with either wanted him sexually or not at all. So he wasn't sure why a girl who asked to be his girlfriend would push him away.

He looked up at Lucy to see her looking at him in terror. Her eyes filled with fear and her arms were around her as if grounding her to something.

"I-I'm sorry! I d-didn't mean to p-push y-you away. I j-just..."

She ran before he could ask her what was wrong or to apologize himself. He wasn't sure what really happened at the moment.

'Maybe she didn't want to kiss yet? She must not be ready for it yet.'

But what disturbed wasn't that she basically rejected him.

'Why was she so afraid about it?'

------N------------A------------L------------U------

Lucy leaned against a corner wall as she tried to catch her breath. She hasn't known that Natsu was someone who would like to smoke. But it wasn't like she knew anything about him. They just started dating some weeks ago.

'Maybe I should tell him to stop?'

She shook away the thought. She didn't want to be the type of girlfriend who was demanding. It was his right to smoke or not.

'I just have to suck it up. Besides, Natsu isn't the type to hurt me with it."

Her hand went to her back under her top where she could feel barely three small round scars.

"Maybe if I wasn't like this, then I would not have had a problem with it." she mumbled softly, leaning her head against the wall. "If I didn't freak out, then he would... he would have..."

Her head went up in flames at the thought of what he had asked of her. She was panicking too much because of the smell to notice what he had asked for, but now that she was feeling more sane she couldn't help but blush.

"Maybe I'll feel like it if you give me a kiss."

Her fingers unconsciously went to her lips at that thought.

'My first kiss. And it would have been Natsu if I hadn't panicked so much.'

She started banging her head lightly against the wall.

'God, why am I like this.'

So as you can see I have no idea how romance works. But I sure as hell will finish this fic if it's the last thing I do!
Ta!