Confession

"Yo", "Yo" (I,I) they said at the same time, they smiled at each other, "you can go first".

"En primer lugar, quiero disculparme por la cena, no quise hacerte sentir incómodo."(First of all I want to say sorry about dinner, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.) he could tell the small exchange between them put her in a weird position.

"¿Te he gustado todo este tiempo?" (Have you liked me all this time?) she didn't mean to blurt it out but it did, she didn't want to walk on eggshells or dance around it, she needed to know straight up.

"Sí, lo tengo...Carlito supo desde el principio, casi me saltó cuando le confesé ... más tarde supongo que le pareció bien la idea de que estuviéramos juntos desde entonces. todos crecimos juntos, me dijo muchas veces que te invitara a salir ... si no actuaba como un cobarde. Debería haberte dicho hace años." (Yeah, I have....Carlito knew from the start, he almost jumped me when I confessed to him...later on I guess he became okay with the idea of us together since we all grew up together, he told me many times to ask you out.....if I didn't act like a coward. I should have told you years ago) he gave her a semi-sad smile

"Lo siento." (I'm sorry) she didn't know why she apologized, I guess because she feels bad that he loved her all this time and she never gave him the time of day, so all these years she was oblivious to it.

"No necesitas disculparte por cómo te sientes. Debería haberte dicho cómo me sentí hace mucho tiempo, me alegro de no haberme ahorrado la vergüenza." (You don't need to apologize for how you feel. I should have told you how I felt a long time ago, I'm glad I didn't would save me the embarrasment.) the last part made them laugh and break some of the tension in the kitchen.

"Vas a estar bien?" (Are you going to be okay?) They have a great friendship and she would hate if it ended because of her own oblivion, he seemed like he put the pill in his mouth but it's hard to swallow.

"Por un tiempo ... no, eventualmente sí. Pareces feliz con él y eso es lo que quiero para ti." (For awhile..no, eventually yes. You seem happy with him and that's what I want for you.) it hurt to say it but he meant it, even if it's not with him he wants Mari to be happy.

"Sé que dijiste que no tengo que disculparme, pero has estado en mi vida durante tanto tiempo y te veo como otro hermano mayor ... No quiero que esto cambie nuestra relación." (I know you said I don't have to apologize, but you have been in my life for so long and I look at you as another big brother....I don't want this to change our relationship.)

"No lo prometo, me llevará algún tiempo ... pero estaré bien" (It won't I promise, it's going to take me some time...but I will be alright) she made the first move and hugged him, tight, she knew he needed it as much as she did. They broke apart, then Khabib walked into the room.

"Everything okay"? He walked further in closer to Mari.

"Yeah we are good". She replied wrapping her arms around him

"I was coming to get you because it's time for us to head back".

"Oh that's right, sorry we can go now let's go say bye to everyone. Can you give me a minute?", he seemed reluctant but gave them privacy, when he left she turned to face Alejandro, "umm Estoy feliz de haber tenido esta charla, realmente espero que encuentres a alguien Alejandro. Sabes que siempre te amaré." (I'm happy we had this talk, I really do hope you find someone Alejandro. You know I will always have love for you.)

"Lo mismo digo", he smiled and opened his arms and without hesitation she walked into them and hugged him again,"Espero que te haga feliz, de verdad." (Same here.....I hope he makes you happy, I really do.) They released from each other and walked into the living room area where Khabib, her brothers, and grandparents are, her grandma walked up to her first.