Russia

It's about five in the morning when Khabib and Mari landed in Russia, his brother picked them up to take them to Khabib's house.

They arrived and got settled in when Mari suggested taking a nap before he took her out to explore his hometown

"I can't wait to show you". Khabib getting in next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist, wincing a little when he lays down on his side

"How are you feeling"? As a wrestler she knows how the day after matches are the absolute worst, your body is sore and in pain from the hits it takes.

"I'm alright, a little sore nothing I'm not use to"

"I hope you don't let McGregor get to you, guys like him love to run their mouth but can't back it up." She didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know Conor was getting under his skin by bothering her, she thought back to the press conference.

"I know and I don't, I just didn't like him bothering you" playing with her hair.

"Thank you but I can handle him, if I need to put someone in their place I will, woman or man".

"Mmm I know" he gave her a gentle kiss which she happily returned, he laid his on back   pulling her on top of him with one hand resting on her hip, the other on her on her lower back. Just as they were getting comfortable his phone rings and reluctantly breaks away from her to answer.

"Yeah"? Annoyance in his voice.

"Is that any way to greet your one true love"? Ivan asks playfully and sarcastically.

"What do you want"? This time more irritated.

"I was just calling to see if you landed safely"?

"Yes" he answered dryly

"Are you feeling okay today? Poirier was getting you pretty good".

"Yes. What is this twenty questions"?

"You know what? I can sense you have a bad attitude right now so I'll call you back when you know how to speak to me. Hmph". Khabib throws his head back putting his phone on the night stand, he turns to say something to Mari when he notices she's sleeping.

"Darn you Ivan" huffing angrily. He grabs a blanket placing it over her than himself adjusting to get comfortable laying down next to her.

********

He woke up three hours later to Mari's side being empty. "Butterfly"? He got up and went downstairs to see her making sandwiches, walking up behind her he wrapped her arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to her cheek.