Third Tweets A Charm

As soon as, Khabib and Ivan stepped into 'The Counter' to meet up with the others, the torment for him began. "Hey fellas did you see Khabib declare his love for Mariposa on national television" asks Andrei. The guys all laugh seeing Khabib's ears turn red from embarrassment, as their waiter came over to get everyone's order. " I'm going to get all of you back" muttered Khabib.

"Good Afternoon everyone, welcome to the The Counter, I am Joe and I will be your waiter today. What can I get you all to drink"?

"2 waters, 2 lemonades, a sweet tea, and Khabib will have a 'Havana Cooler' says Pavel laughing as everyone else burst into laughter, getting looks from other customers.

"Ignore him, a water is fine" Khabib replies bashfully, red as a tomato. As Joe leaves to go get everyone's drink, everyone else engages in conversation, Khabib went on twitter and no surprise at all not only was he trending #1, Mariposa was trending along with him. Many people were re-tweeting, tagging him and Mariposa in the clip of him talking about her. He wanted to sink in a hole.

Joe returned with their drinks, and got everybody's orders. Once he left, they resume their previous conversation."So, now that you have told the whole world who the love of your life is. What are you going to do"? Ivan asked taking a drink of his sweet tea.

With an eye roll Khabib responded with "Nothing",  even though he wanted to do something. He actually wished he could call her immediately after the interview...and explain...himself in a way. "What do you mean, nothing"? Pavel asked, as everyone else looked at him as if he'd grown three heads.

"Just what I said, nothing, besides even if I were to make a move. I damn sure not telling any of you". He responded sharply as the guys look offended. Joe returned with their food and everyone began to eat, with the conversation being done for the time being.

*Ding*

The sound indicating Khabib has gotten a notification on twitter, but, for some reason, he felt his palm start to sweat and heart began to race a little, not understanding.....until, he saw the notification was from none other than Mariposa, she had tagged him in her post.

Khabib chokes a little on the fry he was chewing, after seeing  what she posted:

"Ready for June 19th" -@Mariposa

@Khabib Nurmagomedov(Disregard the 'limited edition' stamp and "Thanks For The Memories", he isn't retired in the story yet

(Disregard the 'limited edition' stamp and "Thanks For The Memories", he isn't retired in the story yet.)

Khabib could feel the butterflies in his stomach as he stared at the picture, of her, in his merch. He was just staring at the picture not sure how to respond.

"Oy, what are you looking at that has your concentration like this"? Before he knew it, his phone was taken out of his hand, once again, by Ivan.

"Ooohh, look fellas Mariposa posted a picture wearing his t-shirt", Ivan said as the phone got passed around the table.

"Now we really have to do something since he won't", responded Andrei. Khabib never moved faster in his life, to get his phone back, before one of them does something they'll regret. Andrei gets up moving, as Ivan holds Khabib back. "Yeah, should we say, 'Thanks for the support, I'll be on at 10. Text me your address so we can celebrate my win together'?" Pavel asks who now has possession of the phone.

"Absolutely Not! Give me my phone back"! Khabib responds agitated, but also worried they will actually reply that.

Victor, who is the more calm one amongst the group right now, takes the phone from Pavel, begins to type, puts the phone down, picks up his burger and takes a bite. Everyone looks at him...waiting for him to tell them what he did. He just slides the phone over to them. Ivan picks up the phone to read what it said.

'Representing. Thank you for showing love.' @Khabib. Victor also liked her tweet. The guys were all quiet, as they surround Ivan, reading the tweet. Khabib took his phone, went and sat back down, as everyone else proceeded to do the same. Pavel was the first to speak.

"That was so plain. I liked Pavel's better", causing a couple of fries to be thrown at him. As Khabib ate, his knee was bouncing like crazy. He was both on edge, yet excited wondering what Mariposa took from the tweet Victor sent. The guys finished eating, payed for their meals, all went their separate ways for the rest of the day.