Surprise

It's been almost 2 months now since Mari and Khabib have been dating, but also since they have seen each other in person and they're missing each other dearly. Mari could feel herself falling for him more and more each day. They talked everyday and face timed every night before she went to bed, but today she hadn't heard from him all day. She had some tapings she needed to do for the upcoming TakeOver and in between her breaks she would call or text him but still got no answer. Right now she is at home watching t.v. when Phara came bursting through the door.

"Hola chica, what you doing"? She asked flopping down on her couch. Mari whipped her head around staring at her friend, confused on how she got into her home.

"Aaaahh...I'm...good. Ho-how did you get into my house"?

"With my key".

"What key? I never gave you a key to my house". Mari said still in shock she just burst through the door.

"I took yours and made a copy". Phara said casually, Mari just looked at her, she was going to ask her how and when but figured to leave it alone.

"Soooo, how are you and russian lover boy"? She asked her giving her a playful nudge and wink.

"Good, we talk everyday and FaceTime at night before I go to bed. I'm really like him...a lot". Mari really enjoyed their late night talks, one time they talked to almost three in the morning. She learned more bout him and couldn't help the feelings that were escalating for him.

"Are you two getting serious? It's been what 2 months since you guys started dating"? Phara asked flipping through the channels. Mari wasn't even thinking about that in her eyes they are in a good place in their relationship, neither of them feel pressured to move things faster, they are enjoying each other.

"No"?

"Why did you say it like that"?

"I haven't given that much thought....we are having a great time, like I said we talk everyday, our time we spent together in L.A. and Vegas was so pure it was like we had known each other already......even after we made it official it doesn't seem like anything changed. We are in a good place, so I would say we're comfortable", she answered honestly. Phara smiled at the cuban girl, she is happy to see her friend with a guy who makes her happy. She got up to go to the kitchen and get some fruit, she knew Mari is a healthy eater 99% of the time and always kept fresh fruit stocked. When she came back Mari was texting on her phone smiling.

"Russian lover boy"? She asked already knowing it is. Mari blushed and nodded her head yes. She got a text of her own making her smirk and stand abruptly. "It was good seeing you chica, but I gotta go". Mari looked up from her phone to her.

"Wait..you're leaving already"? She had just gotten here and normally whenever they unexpectedly show up at each other's houses, it would turn into a impromptu girl's night.

"Yeah, my parents want me to help them pick out tiles for the kitchen". Mari had gotten up and walked her to the door then Phara gave her a hug, "but I'll call you later. Enjoy your night", leaving abruptly. Mari stared at the door for a couple of seconds before heading to the kitchen to get a water, right as she walked back to the living room to sit down there was a knock on her door. She went to it and looked through the peephole but didn't see anyone.

"¿Quién es?" (Who Is it?), no answer. ¿Quién es"?, still no answer. She was walking away when there was another knock, this time louder. She opened it a little to see who was playing at her door when a figure jumped out in front of her causing her heart to stop beating for a couple of seconds.

"Khabib"? She asked surprised with a smile creeping on her face