Chapter Twelve - Stage One Paranoia

"Aaron I saw Lorraine come in here." He closed his eyes in slight frustration and anger, "I swear, I'm not making it up and I'm not paranoid. I followed her, she got into a cab and came here. I saw her enter the building-"

"You drove? Where was Roy?" This time I closed my eyes in frustration I just told him that the women who shot him, twice is in the building and all he's concerned with is my driving.

"Aaron you're not listening! Lorraine is here! I saw her! She's on this floor!" He softened when he realised how certain I was, he came closer to me and clasped my shoulders gently. "Trust me..." I whispered.

"Charlie...sweetheart maybe you just saw someone that looks like her. Did you see here face? Did she look at you dead on?" I thought back to every instance I had seen her and in all honesty I'd never seen her front on I'd always only seen her form the back and the side. But this time I saw her get into the cab! I saw her face! I knew it was her! It had to be!"

"I know I haven't all the other times but this time is as her get I to the cab, the same face, same hair and...and she was wearing a white, short sleeve blouse and black pin skirt! Lorraine dresses exactly like that! Aaron it was her I'm telling you-" he pulled me into his chest when I became frantic. I'm sure if I were to record this conversation and then replay it later on I'd seem like a compelte loon. "Aaron she's here...she got out...I'm telling you it's her!"

"Shhh..." He guided me to sit in one of the seats close by and crouched in front of me, he held my hands in his and ran his thumb over the backs. "Just take a beat. I'm going to get you some water-"

"Aaron I need to see-"

"And then we'll go and see the footage together." I nodded and he cupped my face, placing a soft kiss on my forehead he left. When Aaron didn't return after ten minutes I left the room, I didn't want to chance Lorraine cornering him or something.

"Hey have you seen A...Mr Quinn?" She shook her head, I walked towards his office and reached for the handle. I felt him before I saw him, he tightened his grip as I reached for the door handle again.

"I thought I told you to stay put." I turned and he released my hand before handing me a glass of water.

"You were taking forever."

"Ten minutes is hardly forever sweetheart." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well when crazy ex-best friends are on the loose one minute is forever." He sighed before gesturing for me to lead the way.

"Let's go see how she got through security and the entire staff without being recognised." I sensed that he was being sarcastic but at the same time trying to convince me. And I might have let up if I wast so damn sure. This time I had proof, all the other times I'd just spotted her at random.

"Charlie!" I heard a girlish squeal before two thin but strong arms came snaking around my upper body from the side. From the Chanel number 5 quickly filling my nostrils I knew it was Kat. I'd managed to track her down and give her the good news about Lorraine's departure from Quinn industries and civilisation for that matter. She was relieved to say the least, I still didn't know what Lorraine had said to her to make her scared enough to quit and disappear, but I also never pushed to know.

I decided not to fill her in, when we found Lorraine I'd deal with it then. "Hey, how's Troy? I teased and she blushed before flattening her immaculately groomed hair behind her ear.

"He's...amazing!" I chuckled at her excitement, I knew someone as prim and perfect would have a taste for bad boys. The funny thing is the guys not rich, he's comfortable. He's not from a powerful family, he has a big family and he's a professor at Blake's college. The most astounding thing is Kat doesn't have an issue with any of this.