Chapter Eighteen - Just A Little Show

'Why the need for a romantic gesture? Why not just jump him the second he gets home?' I groaned swatting my subconscious and her less than helpful ideas to some pathetic corner of my mind.

Lying flat on the ridiculously soft rug in front of the couch I rhythmically allowed my heels to bounce off my butt hopping it would inspire an idea. Strangely enough it did. Aaron once caught me doing the laundry in my underwear and his shirt, I was belting 'uptown funk' at the top of my lungs like nobody's business.

Some how I'd caught him in my periphery and composed myself just in time, I'd planned to take on the second verse on top of the drier. He was on me within a second and then again in the living room than again in the bedroom. What he said when we were laying tangled in the sheets panting really didn't sink in then. He'd asked why I stop whenever he catches me singing and prancing around oblivious to the world.

I buried my reddening face in his chest and muttered 'because it's embarrassing, nobody was ever meant to see it.' His only reply was 'I think it's sexy...a real turn on'. Regardless I always look over my shoulder when I'm behaving like a total child, rocking out in my underwear so to avoid him ever seeing me like that. I believe it has largely to do with his incredible grace, his flawless beauty and all around intimidating presence. The man is like a sculpture, he can make brushing his teeth look sexy.

My mind was now made up, I was going to put on a show for my man. I went through my entire playlist until I found the perfect song, then I raced to the room and picked out some fancy lace to wear underneath one of his plane white business shirts. I'll admit the costume I'd picked looked like a task and a half to put on.

***
I dried my hair glancing at the clock every few seconds. I sighed thinking how much easier it would have been knowing when Aaron would be home if Nancy were at the office. 'She's in Italy probably sharing the most mind blowing gelato with angry young man!' I thought about calling the office and asking her temp but I couldn't be sure if she'd blow the surprise or not, I half expect the women to ask Aaron to call me and reply himself. She simply took everything too literally.

I missed Nancy and Nathaniel, but the thought of them finally mending the bridges they'd burnt a long time ago seems worth it. I looked at the clock once more and groaned at how slowly time was moving, placing the hair drier on the vanity I walked over to it and stood on my tippy toes pressing a hand against the wall.

I tapped over the glass cover to make sure the damn thing wasn't broken. Unfortunately it wasn't, the time really was quarter to six. Dropping my towel I changed into my outfit for tonight suddenly feeling super excited. And o wasn't wrong it was a bitch to get on, so many straps and strings! Tossing my hair up into a high bun I put on some dark make up and headed downstairs. I was tempted to call him and say I was ill or something but that wouldn't really inspire the mood I was aiming for. Not to mention I'd never hear the end of it, he wouldn't miss another opportunity to remind me how wrong it was for me to joke about something like that and then I'd never stop feeling guilty.

Buttoning his white shirt up I paced around the living room, checking the security footage several times so I could see him arrive before he enters. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him enter the the building, I glanced at the time and it was eight. A jaw splitting grin etched itself over my lips at the thought of him making an effort to be home early. I quickly ran up stairs stereo control in hand.

The second I heard the door click I pressed play and tossed the control onto the bed. The sound of 'I just wanna' echoed through the empty rooms and I found myself feeling more nervous by the second "Jesus Christ Charlie, why are you so nervous?" I asked myself, pulling my hair over one shoulder I walked out of the room. With as much seduction as I could manage I walked to the top of the stairs and stopped.