Chapter Six - Goosey Goosey Gander..

"Are you still upset about what I said?" I pressed my face into his back and brought my hands to close together over his middle. I heard the sound of him settling his glass down on the bamboo counter around the beach bar. I loosened my arms and he swivelled on his stool before pulling me to stand between his legs.

His hands moved to rest at the small of my back and I traced random patterns along his chest. He un-clasped his hands and kept one firmly pressed against my flesh before bringing his free hand to swipe the hair off of my face. As he did the warm, tropical breeze skimmed my face followed by his warm thumb.

"No. I deserved it-"

"No, you didn't." He traced my lips with the pad of his thumb before placing a hard, drawn out kiss on them.

"You were right. There is so much we don't know about each other. The only difference is everything I discover about you only impresses me more, I only fall more deeply in love with you...but what you find out about me...what you could find out about me would make you despise me. I won't be able to stand the look of disappointment and disgust in your eyes, it would kill me to not see love for me in them..."

I cupped his face and he instantly leaned into my touch, "how many times do I need to say this Mr Quinn...I love you...I always will. I was born to love you and only you. Nothing will ever change this, there isn't a single mistake that you may have made that could push me away...it's impossible, not loving you is impossible."

I leaned in to kiss him when a hand clasped my upper arm and pulled me back, Darrel gripped my other hand and began to move us both slightly before pulling on my hand. "Come on their teaching us how to wine, hurry up!" I cast an apologetic look back at Aaron before struggling to meet Darrel's strides.

He pulled me in front of himself and moved his hands to my hips, in all honesty I found it uncomfortable considering my husband was eyeing Darrel as thought he were the devil reincarnate. Trinidad was beautiful, as was their music and Caribbean like atmosphere. One of the locals clasped my wrist and pulled me into the centre and one of the women simultaneously pulled Darrel into the centre.

I had to admit the guy was talented, I previously had no knowledge that my hips could move the way he made them move. Surrounded by laughter and people cooing I lifted my gaze to meet Aaron's just as he was pushing a finished glass towards the bartender and stalking off into the dark.

I broke away from the guy and he frowned before hugging me. Darrel caught my hand and I gave him a reassuring look before jogging towards the direction Aaron had walked off in. For several minutes there was plenty of light due to the several fire torches poking out of the sand, standing tall. The flames were barely faltering in the soft breeze.

The torches began to decrease the further I walked up the beach. At the end of the road so to speak there was a singular torch faintly illuminating Aaron's build. He was looking out towards the ocean. Because it was a new moon the sky was largely lit by tiny blips scattered across the endless black. "Sorry...he...we were just dancing Aaron." I walked towards him and stood to his left, not yet falling into line with him.

"He's perfect. The guys a walking poster for 'golden boys are us!' It's like he can do no wrong, he's always making you smile and...and he's always there for you, how do I even begin to compete with that-" I gripped his arm and pulled him to face me.

"Who says you have to? When it comes to you Aaron Tyler Quinn there is no competition because nothing comes even close...you're perfect-"

"You have no idea how flawed I am."

"Then tell me. Tell me what it is that has you so afraid that I'll leave...what is making you feel like you need to compete for my love? What is eating you alive Aaron? Tell me!" I threw my arms around his middled, moulding our bodies together.