Chapter Three - My Hero

"She almost fucking drowned!" I was more shocked than infuriated by Darrel's reaction, Aaron on the other hand was furious.

"If you didn't just save my wife, I would kill you for touching her like you own her." Darrel leaned in and I pushed against his chest with one hand and Aaron's with the other, I could feel Aaron's heart racing against my palm.

"Enough. Don't make a scene. Darrel if he would have seen me, he would have saved me. Thank you for helping me but don't insult my husband." He seemed slightly hurt but he submitted regardless and nodded.

"Sorry...but you could have-"

"I wouldn't have let that happen." Aaron barked, Darrel glared at him once more before shoving a hand through his wet hair. He stood up and gave me one last once over before leaving. I turned to face Aaron and he was studying me, I cupped his face and he leaned into my touch. "If anything would have-" I kissed him in an attempt to comfort him.

He embraced me desperately and I buried my face into his chest. "I...Aaron I'm fine." He pulled away abruptly and cupped my face.

"Why the hell were you standing so damn close? You could have waited anywhere! And you weren't even focusing...how could you be so careless Charlie?"

"S...sorry I-"

"I don't want you near the pool again." I nodded while turning my face slightly to kiss into his palm. "Come on" he pulled me up along with himself and moved to carry me but I locked our arms together.

"I can walk on my own Mr Arrogant, I didn't sprain my ankle." He gave me a hard look for mocking the situation and reluctantly settled for practically holding me up with the grip he had around my waist. If there was music and we were moving in a more seductive manner than we would have been doing the tango almost perfectly.

I smiled at the thought of how much he cared, he was my true hero. "You know you're my real hero right? You always will be." He guided me down the hall and suddenly had me pinned to the wall. "Really another PDA Mr Arrogant?" He traced the right profile of my face with his index finger removing the strands of wet hair stuck to my skin.

He kissed my cheek, "I wasn't today." He kissed my forehead and I clutched the material of his shirt at his hips.

"Aaron it's not your fault." He kissed my other cheek and allowed his lips to linger there.

"You are never leaving my side again."

"I wouldn't have it any other way Mr Quinn." I unclenched one of my hands and brought it to cup his cheek. I tilted his face and our lips met, "I want you by my side. I want you in my arms. I want you on me, in me and everywhere in between all the time Aaron." He closed his eye absorbing every single word.

"I love you...."

"And I'm never going to get tired of hearing you say that." I took his mouth in a hard more animalistic kiss. I traced his lips with my tongue begging for entrance. He smiled against my mouth before slightly tearing away.

"Nice try sweetheart but I'm not having sex with you today". I pouted and he pecked at my rolled bottom lip before suckling on it softly, "I'll make it up to you..." His promise made my core tighten and I now couldn't tell which was making me more wet his words or my drenched clothing.

"Aaron..." I whispered in plea. His hand slid up the inside of my damp thighs and his talented fingers gently stroked my still raw folds over my panties.

"Oh my!" A woman's shriek had me pushing Aaron away. I turned to face a flushing woman frozen in shock, covering her daughter and husbands eyes. My cheeks began to burn and Aaron put a hand through his hair.