Chapter Sixteen - The Paranoia Shrink

He turned abruptly, turning me with himself until I was trapped within his arms. I was motionless...that was the first rule. His pointed nose ran up the length of my neck taking in my scent. I tried so hard to remain stationary, but his touch was simply too nauseating. I recoiled and he tightened his grip in warning. My finger tips ran cold, possibly from the lack of blood circulation in my hand on account of his unrelenting grip...possibly from the fear of him being back...being here...so close to me.

I silently prayed for Aaron to return. For him to by some miracle be here. For him to save me. I fought the tears for as long as I physically could. Warm salty liquid began to pour from my eyes. "Please Aaron...please come home...." I whispered not daring to allow my voice to increase another octave. Dallas slammed himself against me and I winced at the impossibly increasing tight grip he had on me. It was foolish to think he wouldn't hear me. I should have just stayed silent-

"Ring...around the rosy...a pocket full of...posies. Ashes...ashes...dust to dust. Aaron can't come between us..." I closed my eyes as his rasp voice brought back the memories of my childhood, as they became more vivid by the second my heart sped up and my entire body ran cold with fear. Strangely my body was also covered in sweat. I had never felt more trapped...more helpless. I strangled out a breath as he continued to tangle his nose in my hair. "God...I missed you so much my little butterfly...so much..."

I gasped when he removed one of his hands, transferring my wrist to his other hand. My eyes flew open when I smelt the familiar stench of lighter liquid and fire. He held the litre between my eyes and I watched as the single flame gently swayed and staggered from my rapid breaths. My body fought against the urge to tremble with fear and remain dead still. "P...please Dallas...d...don't hurt me...j...just let me go...ple-hah!"

The light was gone once more and the darkness seemed equally as brutal. I felt the back of his hand caress the side of my face. "I knew you'd never forget me little butterfly. I made sure of it! I'm not going to hurt you ever again...never butterfly. Never again!" He stated firmly and confusion was thrown into the mix of terrifying emotions currently coursing through my body. He kissed into the side of my neck and I felt bile rise at the back of my throat. I winced when his tongue flicked over my skin.

That was it! He was not doing this to me again. I had no idea what his plans for me were, or how sick they'd be and this time I refused to be his weak little plaything. I couldn't take it if I didn't even put up a fight! I remembered back to some of the self defence moves Roy had taught me after Aaron refused to let me leave the apartment when I was clearly still unsure about being out of Mason's grasp. I knew Dallas...if I wasn't fast enough, he'd make me pay for my disobedience. I pushed the painful memories back into the dark corner of my mind in which they'd resided all these years and took in a deep breath.

I closed my hands into fists and threw all the strength I possessed into casting my hands out and forward, facing my palms to the floor. His grip broke and he staggered back slightly, I turned instantaneously and gripped his shoulders before bringing my knee to slam into his crotch. He groaned painfully and fell to the floor cupping his manhood. I didn't waist another second, flipping I ran to the door and up the hall. Slipping through a slither I managed to crack open I disappeared into the twins room slamming and locking the door behind me.

Catching my breath I cast nervous looks at both Charlotte and Adrien, sighing when they seemed oblivious to...the most fucked up man alive being in our home. I heard heavy footsteps, industrial boots pounded into the timber floor getting louder as he neared. I shot panicked glances in every direction, scanning for anything I could use to fight him off. "B...butterfly..." His voice didn't seem angered, and yet it managed to send a more violent shiver down my spine.