[CHAPTER ONE OF 'You Are My Addiction.'] Chapter One - A New Day, A New Mess

***

"Don't even think about it Aaron!" I swatted his chest unable to hide the fiery blush that rose to my cheeks. He lowered to my ears and blew teasingly.

"You and I both know how badly you want sweetheart..." My breath hitched and I walked a little faster. I near groaned in relief when I saw a few passengers already in their seats, 'you'll just have to behave yourself Mr Arrogant!" I looked over my shoulder and caught his gaze as he swept me head to toe and then sighed longingly towards the restroom door. I shook my head biting back a smile and slipped into my seat.

Aaron sat down beside me as I looked out the window, everyone seemed so tiny from up here. Like miniature sized dolls, wearing miniature sized fluorescent vests, waving minutes sized flashing tube sticks. He kissed my shoulder lightly and I smiled when he kept his lips pressed to my skin. Tilting my head I looked at him and for a split second I could have sworn it was Daniel, I gasped shifting to face the front and forcing him to straighten. "You okay?"

I didn't know how to respond. Daniel had been somewhere in the back of my mind since the day he'd attacked Aaron and declared that he 'loved me.' There was so much I needed to fix before my and Aaron's life could go back to normal, so our family and our children could be happy again. He tensed and I realised I'd be quiet for more than the appropriate time one should take to respond to a question.

I didn't want to ask him right now, we were at a good place and I just wanted to see my kids...spend some time just us. But now it seemed all other thoughts were voluntarily moving aside and pushing Daniel forward. I took his hand in my and laced our fingers together bringing our connected hands to my lap. At that he slightly relaxed. "Aaron...have..." I trailed off unsure of what his reaction would be. "Have you spoken to Daniel?"

Just like that he tensed once more, his jaw clenched impossibly tight and from his posture I could tell he was trying extremely hard to rein in his anger. "Aaron...I...I just wanted to know if he's alright. How's Rachel?"

"I don't want to talk about this Charlie." He tried to pull his hand away but I tightened my grip, bringing my other hand to clasp him above the elbow.

"It's okay...never mind." I laid my head against his arm, fryer a few minutes his body relaxed completely and I lifted my head to look up at him. "You know, there'd be a lot more that cabin crew that would here us this time..." He looked down at me with a mischievous smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. He lowered his lips to meet mine and I kissed him deeply, he's response confirmed that he'd forgotten all about my earlier question...for now.

His phone buzzed against the hard plastic of the cup holder and he reluctantly pulled away. I pouted and he pulled my bottom lip down with the lad of his thumb before reaching for his phone. "Not now." He stated in irritation, "not my problem." He hung up and his earlier anger had returned.

"Who was it?"

"Nobody." I shook my head.

"Aaron 'nobody' doesn't pick up a phone and call you. Who was it?" I asked more firmly, fully related to throw a tantrum if he said Ariel.

"Just work Charlie. I'm going to get a drink." Pulling away from me he walked towards the curtains that separated the cabin crew and the passengers. Picking up his phone I scrolled to call history and recognised the number instantly.

"Rachel?" I saw him appear and quickly put the phone back. "No drink?"

"She'll bring it over." I nodded, taking off his jacket he undid a second button on his crisp white business shirt before taking a seat.

"Aaron I want to take the kids away for a bit...do you think you could take some time off?"

"Charlie..." My face fell and I turned away.

"Neve mind..." I don't know why I thought our problems would just melt away. Looking out the window as the tiny people pulled away the connection gate I said a final goodbye to Seattle...the further the gate inched away from the plane the gloomier things became.

I wasn't going back to the perfect life...I was going back to a mess that I just had no clue how to even begin cleaning.

__________________________