Chapter Eight - The Confrontation

"So you did order the drink then." I stated more than asked trying to mask my slight fear, this women was willing to risk her own life, she was willing to gamble with death to gain whatever it is she's after. "You're fucking crazy!" She released my hand and came closer.

"You have no idea sweetheart..." She mocked using Aaron's term of endearment for me. I lifted my hands to push her but she caught both wrists and jerked me close enough for her lips to be pressed against my forehead. "Stay out of my way...if you're out of range, you won't go down." She placed a sickening kiss against my forehead and released me with a painful jolt.

"If you even think about hurting Aaron I'll-"

"You'll what sweetheart? You just had the perfect chance to eliminate the biggest threat you'll ever have and instead you saved her life...Aaron loved me long before you came along Charlie...he loved me before he even knew he could love. He chose me once and given a second chance...he will choose me again."

"You want Aaron..." I had suspected but hearing her confess, confronting her was a whole new ball game. Because the fear of losing him was more possible then ever before, she wasn't wrong either. Aaron had chosen her once before...and she didn't come with the horrific abundance of baggage I did...That I do.

"Aww honey Aaron's already mine, I simply don't want to share him." Her smile widened as she made a show of thinking back to how much control she had, or even may still have over him. I had done it before I could stop myself, the sound shattered through the hall and echoed for several seconds.

I lowered the hand which had just slapped the smile off of her over confident mouth. She brought a palm to cover her reddening cheek as she straitened her face. "I went up against Lorraine, the one person not even you could surpass! Aaron may have chosen you first but he also chose me above everyone else. I revealed Lorraine for the unstable bitch she was and I'll do the same with you."

I swallowed my fear and took a step closer, "crazy doesn't stay hidden for long little mermaid..." She pushed against my chest until my back hit the wall with a painful thud.

"Crazy also knows no bounds. Don't push me sweetheart." She practically hissed at me, her tone sharp and steel like.

"Charlie!" Arial released me abruptly and we both turned to face Darrel two seconds away from calling for security. "A...are you alright?" Arial gave him a wickedly innocent glare before changing her features to take on a more devious look for me.

"Thanks for saving my life...sweetheart." I clenched my jaw as she walked off. Darrel rushed over to me before my knees buckled.

"Are you alright?"

"I...I think she pushed me...that night on the deck she...I think she pushed me."

"What? But she was with...um...she was with Aaron." He was right, so maybe she hadn't tried to kill me yet but, the look she had in her eyes when making the threat was so damn sincere. As though the thought had crossed her mind routinely, she didn't even flinch at the thought of murder.

"I...I have to find Aaron... And tell him about the crazy bitch-" I moved around him and he caught my still raw wrist.

"Charlie if Aaron didn't believe you about the drinks...than...I don't know. But will he believe you? Without evidence, I mean a guy could get a tooth decay from the extent to how sweet she acts around him. Every chance she gets she looks like the injured party or the guardian angel trying to keep you two together...I...shouldn't you wait, just till you can prove it?"

I closed my eyes more in pain than frustrations because he was yet again right, I still had to prove myself to Aaron. He'd simply say it was another misunderstanding and that Arial would never do such a thing let alone think it. In all honesty the fear of losing him was more overwhelming than the need to expose Arial.