Chapter Twenty Three - He's All Yours

"Yes Aaron I'm joking. Don't for a second forget who the lier in this relationship is, don't forget who betrayed who." He loosened his grip and I thought I saw his eyes soften, pulling away from him I stormed towards my cabin. "Shit!" I rapidly swatted at my chest as the hot coffee seeped through the material of my blouse.

"I...I'm so sorry mam, I'm, oh god please just let me...I'll get a tissue." The women was frantic and pale white, the colour had completely left her cheeks. I clasped her wrists and forced a gentle smile, suppressing my anger towards Aaron for the time being.

"It's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"No, no I...god I should have been more careful, I'm so sorry."

"Really it's fine. I'm just going to go clean it off." I walked quickly to Aaron's cabin fanning my chest, unbuttoning my blouse I walked into his personal washroom and ran a black washer underneath cool water. Wringing it out I dabbed the slightly burning skin on my chest. There was a faint red mark and I winced blowing on it a few times. Untucking my blouse from the waist belt hooked to my pencil skirt I shrugged it off.

Opening the mirror covered cabinet I looked for the first aid kit. "Charlie?" I gasped covering my chest with my hands, I sighed when Aaron walked into the washroom. I couldn't deal with the embarrassment of another employee seeing me this way. Snatching my blouse from the counter I covered my chest, he walked closer. My chest stung when the material of my blouse rubbed against it.

He pulled the blouse away from me and froze taking in the scorch mark the size of his hand covering my skin. Dropping the blouse he ran the washer under cold water again and pressed it to my chest gently, holding me in place with a hand pressed to the small of my back he blew against the mark. "Damn it Charlie, how the fuck did this happen?" I didn't answer, his reaction shocked me. If my pain was such a big concern for him then why cause me so much? This burn was nothing compared to how much the words on those divorce papers had hurt me.

"It's fine." I pushed at his chest and he pulled me closer squeezing the washer over my chest he blew against the cool water.

"You're burnt. Who the fuck did this?" His jaw clenched impossibly tight.

"I...it was my fault." I shoved a little harder to no avail, his grip was too strong. Pulling the first aid box from a draw he lifted me onto the smooth porcelain of the basin counter. Taking out a small tube of cream he squeezed some onto his finger and spread it over the burn, I winced several times and instinctively gripped his shoulders. He blew to sooth the burning and I'd be lying if I didn't admit it was helping, after a few short minutes there was only a dull numbness.

"Better?" Nodding I looked away from him, I could feel him staring at me but I refused to make eye contact. I hadn't asked for his help, nor did I need it. He cupped my face and forced me to look at him. "Why can't you be more careful?" He whispered the words through a tight jaw, the level of concern shattering his features broke my heart. Why was he doing this? Why hurt me and then pretend to care?

I opened my mouth to respond when his lips came crashing over mine, his tongue darted out and into my mouth simultaneously. I couldn't fight the moan that escaped me, he deepened the kiss working his lips gently with a rough determination. A desperate hum vibrated from his throat, one of his hands slid down the side of my body to the hem of my skirt. The other tangled itself in my hair, pulling me closer, taking him deeper into my mouth.

His hand moved underneath my skirt and glode up my thigh, my skin heated with anticipation. I couldn't deny how much I'd missed his touch and my traitorous body had zero will power when it came to resisting him carnally. I leaned into his mouth and his lips worked across my jaw, he kissed and sucked down my throat. "Aaron? Oh my, I'm so sorry- I...shit!" I pushed against Aaron and slid off the basin panting.