Part-2

Kalingga

It was night, Subhadra was with Shravya in her chamber, while a maid interrupted them.

"What's the matter?", Shravya enquired.

"The King has summoned both princesses to be in his chamber now",the maid replied with a bowed head.

"Pitashree? At this time?", Shravya whispered confusly.

"Maybe something important! Come lets go!", Subhadra said.
Shravya nodded and both of them left to Viraj's chamber.

They entered the chamber and greeted Viraj and Lekha.

"I was waiting for you putri!",he exclaimed caressing subhadra's hair.

"Me? What's the matter jyseth pita?", subhadra asked curiously.

"Look!, My daughter has finally grown up to a beautiful and matured lady. Now I'm burdened with fatherly duties",He said smilingly.
Subhadra smiled but Lekha looked at him with suspicious eyes.

"Now it's time for you to get marry dear!",he exclaimed joyously.
Subhadra looked at him astonishgly.

"What's the need of it so soon. We should give her some time to think about it", Lekha said but he stopped her.

"I have already fixed her marriage with King Jairaj!",he declared.

"But pitashree, it should be jiji's choice right?", Shravya asked in a low voice.

"I know my daughter is happy with it! Isn't it?",he asked glaring at Subhadra.
She gulped.

"No.. I don't want to marry him...",she shooked her head nervously.

"I don't need anyone's acceptance! It's the matter of Kalingga's pride. And you are marrying King Jairaj, that's my final decision",he shouted angrily.

Subhadra nodded her head fearly and left towards her chamber.

"Why this all is happening with me? Am I such a cursed person that I couldn't get anything I wished for?", she cried looking at her parents portrait.

"Don't think anything like that again jiji!, Everything will be fine", Shravya entered and consoled her.

"But how?, You have heard what your pita told before", Subhadra weeped.
Shravya sighed.

"I think we have to somehow inform this matter to him", Shravya replied.
Subhadra looked at her and nodded wiping her tears.

Subhadra passed a letter to Shravya.
"But how will we send this to Maitraka?", she enquired.

"Don't worry! Leave it to me", Shravya said with a calm smile and left the chamber.

Maitraka

It was nearly twilight, while a young man with dazzling characters was busy in practicing sword fighting, until a messenger from Kalingga interrupted him.

"Greetings Prince!, I'm from Kalingga, I'm here to pass this to you!",he said forwarding the scroll.

"Kalingga...!", Sanjiv exclaimed smilingly and took the scroll from him.
His smile started to fade as he started to read the letter.

"What will I do now? I can't see her be someone's else. Think Sanjiv, think!",he patted his forehead and stared at the letter.

After a moment of thinking, his mind bloomed with an idea.

"But how will I do it alone! I need help! But whom?",he thought for a while.

"Yes.!, He can only help me out!",he whispered and went to his chamber.

Later, he came out with a scroll in his hand.

"I want you to pass this scroll to my Sakha, the mighty Prince of Indraprastha!",he ordered the messanger and handed over the scroll.
The messanger nodded and left to indraprastha.

Indraprastha

Arjun was standing near the window constantly smiling thinking of the Kalingga Princess.
Though he never saw her, but has heard about her beauty and bravery.

"Hmm... How will you look like Subhadra?",he asked himself and tried to make a picture of her.

"Who bratha? , Nakul asked teasingly entering the chamber.

" What?, I haven't said anything!", Arjun said controlling his emotions.

"Is it so bratha!, I thought you were thinking of my sister! No.. I meant my future bhabhi", Nakul said giggling.
Arjun blushed.

" What? Bratha you are blushing ! So the great warrior of Indraprastha knows to show out emotions", Nakul exclaimed with excitement.

"Enough Nakul!, Now tell me, why are you here?", Arjun asked to change the topic.

"Yes!, I completely forgot about it! I came to give you this!", Nakul said handing over the scroll.

" From?", Arjun asked.

"It's from your childhood friend, the Prince of Maitraka!", Nakul said with a smile.

"Sanjiv..!", Arjun exclaimed joyously and opened the scroll and started reading it.

"I have to leave tomorrow!", Arjun said folding the scroll.

"To where bratha? What's the matter?", Nakul asked confusly.

"I don't know Nakul. He didn't mention about it, but he need my help.  He told me to meet him at the outskirts of Maitraka", Arjun said.
Nakul hummed.

"Bratha, if time permits just visit Kalingga!", Nakul coughed.

"Nakul..!", Arjun rolled his eyes.
Nakul laughed.

"You stand here and laugh. Let me inform about this to Mata!", Arjun said and left to Kunti's chamber.

______________________________________

Vote and comment