Part-8

" Brihannala, you can come with me ", Shravya said and went. Arjun took a last glance at Sanjiv and followed her.

While following Shravya, Arjun's eyes roamed around the palace, which was filled with his childhood memories.
The one place that he dreamt and wished to visit since years.
Kalingga !, now finally before him like a dream come true , but  never expected to be in such an attire with such a  fate.

After reaching near subhadra's chamber, Shravya turned towards Arjun,

" You can wait here till I call you in ", she said and entered the chamber.

As the time keep marching forward for a future to unlock, the haunting thoughts gently glided through the halls of his heart.
As the past was becoming a memory, the present seems to get blur to him, with a undefined future still waiting for him.

His hands crawl towards the fate, slowly and carefully signing his destiny. One side her face came to his mind, smiles and vanishes, drawing  a sorrow over his heart. The other with the promises shattering down with his own life.
" But no, I must resist !", He muttered himself.

"Brihannala !", Shravya's voice made him come out from his stupor . He breathed deeply clutching his dupatta and entered the chamber.

Even though he withstand himself, his eyes searched for that  dazzling orbs whom he longed see. Her tear brimmed eyes sparkled at the sight of him, which only made him more attracted towards her.

Their eye lock broked as Mata Lekha took a step forward towards him. Arjun adjusted himself in a feminine way and greeted her.

" Nice to meet you Brihannala!", She greeted him back with a smile.
" Hope that your majesty will be back soon", Lekha whispered with a worried expression seeing subhadra's state.

Arjun glanced at Subhadra's fallen face,which his heart couldn't tolerate  . He went near her quickly and sat beside her.

"You know, When it feels like everything is lost and you just want to run away. It can't rain forever,just wait for the sunshine. Like that, I want you to keep a hope in your mind, princess. Trust me Princess", he said caressing her hand on his.

" And I believe my master !",he said taking a glance at everyone and withdrew his hand fastly from her smooth one.

Subhadra looked at him keenly, his touch on her made out a different feeling, the feeling that she was trying to disregard for  hours after  meeting that person who was responsible for her weird behaviour . " Prince Arjun !", she thought.

Her mind was continuosly questioning about the whereabouts of Prince Arjun rather than Sanjiv. She looked at Brihannala , and bited her lips out of confusion  whether to ask about Prince Arjun. But soon she closed her eyes and blamed herself for thinking so.

" Well Brihannala, where's Prince Arjun?", Lekha asked slowly out of curiosity. 
Subhadra's heart skipped a beat hearing his name and eagerly glanced Brihannala for an answer.

Arjun stood there pensively for a second and replied suppressing his nervousness "  Prince Arjun? No... I haven't seen him ".

Lekha sighed and whispered " I wish he could be here ", she said taking a glance at Subhadra who sat puzzled hearing her words.
Arjun led a small affectionate smile.

Lekha smiled at Arjun and went out of the chamber along with Shravya leaving behind them alone.
Arjun felt a little awkward while sitting along with her and tried to act normal.

Subhadra noticed his uneasiness,
" What happened Brihannala? Is anything wrong ?", she asked confusly.

" Eh.. no princess nothing's wrong,  it's the first time I'm going to serve a princess. So went a little nervous", Arjun gulped and said with a smile.
Subhadra passed a beautiful smile which melted him more.

" Don't worry dear, you don't have to see me as a princess, just consider me as your sakhi", she said kepting her hand on his shoulder.
Arjun's face heated up giving him a burning sensation.

Subhadra observed his shoulders astonishingly, " You can become a virago , sakhi!", she said touching his muscles.
Arjun smiled and withdrew himself from her hold embarrassedly and adjusted his dupatta.

" Why ? Don't you want to be a good warrior ", she asked with a small giggle.

" Yes I do, but for now my duty is to serve my sakhi", he said and saw her lost in some thoughts.

" Is something bothering you, Sakhi?", He asked breaking her thoughts.

"Can I ask you something?", she asked staring down.
Arjun hummed.

" Is it possible that you could meet somebody who's perfect for you
even though you are committed to someone else?", she asked perplexedly looking at his eyes.

" No... See, if you are committed to somebody you don't allow yourself to find perfection in someone else ", he
said arranging one her locks out of sense.
She hummed with a weird feeling and thought about her feelings for Prince Arjun.

" Now what ?", He asked as he noticed her unchanged expression.

" Hmm... nothing sakhi. I just feel so comfortable while talking to you", she said locking one of her hand with his.
Arjun smiled sheepishly.

_____________________________________

Vote and comment.