Part-9

It was an evening, a maid showed Arjun the chamber where he has to stay. Arjun gasped at the sight of the big chamber surrounded by many maids.

" I won't stay here !", He exclaimed out bit loudly making everyone stare at him.
He gulped as he noticed everyone's weird glares at him.

" See the new maid's arrogance ! She doesn't even like to stay along with the normal maids like us ", One of the maid shouted out from the group.

" Oh ! So she's Brihannala, Our princess's new maid !hmm.. Look at her structure, can't even identify whether she's a girl or a boy ", other maid joined her glancing Arjun fully.
Everyone passed a teasing smile at him.

Arjun bowed his head in answer as he doesn't know how to respond to their comments. The maid who brought him there gave an assuring smile and gestured him to follow her inside.
Arjun sighed and reluctantly followed her.

" These are my friends Maya and Daya ", she introduced pointing out two girls.
Arjun greeted smilingly which they returned.

" And you don't have to worry Brihannala, they are not like the other maids. So, today onwards you can share the bed with them ", she whispered with a smile.

" What? Share the bed !", Arjun shooked his head in disagreement while others gazed at him confusly seeing his weird behaviour.

" But why ?", Daya enquired but she was cut down by the other maid " Please Daya don't ! By asking the princess's maid to share her bed, you are committing a great sin ", she said taking a glance at him.
Arjun fisted his hands in temper and tried to control himself.

" Oh! Please highness ! Don't tell your princess to punish us.  Show some mercy on us.", Other maid pleaded folding her hands dramatically with a smirk.

Arjun  was not in a condition tolerate these kinds of talks anymore. He turned to the other three maids and whispered in a low voice " I'm sorry, But I can't stay here any longer". He said and stepped out of the chamber.

His mind got relieved as he got out from there. He took a deep breath and walked towards subhadra's chamber.

Subhadra was completely focused on her painting work until she heard the sound of the foot steps near the door and noticed Brihannala entering absent-mindedly.

" What is happening to my dear sakhi that she has even forgotten to ask permission before entering ?", Subhadra enquired keeping her painting materials aside, which made Arjun to come back to realisation.

" Ah.. I'm sorry princess ! I didn't meant to disobey...", Before he could complete she hushed him with a beautiful smile and dragged him near the couch making him sit.

" Now tell me, What's bothering you ?", She asked as she sat near him.
He stared at her dreamily, but the sudden placement of her hand on his shoulder made him come back to his sense. She looked at him for an answer to which he explained his reason.

" Teased you ? ", She asked with innocent eyes.
He nodded desperately and said " Please do something princess that I can stay alone somewhere. I really don't want to stay with those ladies !".

" Don't worry ! I'm here there for punishing everyone who ever dares to tease my sakhi !", she exclaimed suppressing her laugh.

" Princess !", He rolled his eyes.

" Sorry , but what to do? You are complaining like a kid !", she said with a small giggle. He hummed and smiled at her tactics.

" I would like to help you Brihannala, but I don't have enough rights here for arranging a seperate chamber for you ! So I think you have to stay with others", She said glancing at him.
Arjun sighed.

" But if you don't mind, you can stay here with me in my chamber ", she whispered with a smile glancing Brihannala's face which bloomed with happiness.

" Really ?",he asked excitedly with unbelievable eyes.
She smiled noddingly.

" Thank you so much princess! I won't forget this help of yours !",he exclaimed out of joy and hugged her tightly without realisation.
Subhadra's heart skipped a beat at his sudden hug. A feeling  that was totally different from all the girly hugs that she used to get . She stared at him with confused eyes.

He broked the hug suddenly perceiving their closeness  and noticed her puzzled expression.
" Sorry Su..!.. princess .. I..",he whispered cursing himself for his action.
Subhadra hummed with a slight smile.

Arjun saw her lost in some thoughts and decided to speak up, " By the way what were you painting ?", he asked breaking her thoughts.

"Oh ! I have forgotten about it! I was just painting my parents . You know I don't even have a portrait of them ", she said hiding her pain with a smile  and walked towards the painting.
Arjun stood up and followed her to see the painting.

" But I messed up with my Mata's face", she said glancing at the picture trying to make it up explaining her features.
" Let me give a try !", He said grabbing the brush from her , perfecting the features of her Mata.

" How did you know it? Have you seen my Mata before ?", she asked astonishingly staring at the picture.
Arjun gulped nervously and said" Eh no princess .. just before You were explaining her features, so I just give a try ", he said as the pain of lying engulfed his heart.
She thanked him heartfully as the tears of happiness brimmed her eyes.

" By the way princess, you do have your relatives, right? There is a chance of them having your parent's potrait !",he asked hopefully to get a positive reply but it went on vain as he saw her face gloomy face hearing it.

" Please Brihannala, neither I don't want to talk nor hear about them !", she said furiously getting out of the chamber.
Arjun sighed looking at the picture.

At night,

Arjun was sleeping on the couch, the sudden noise of the thunder made him wake up from his sleep. He turned to the other side and saw Subhadra sweating and murmuring something in her sleep. He jumped out from the couch and went towards the bed and sat near by her, caressing her hair.

After sometime, he noticed her calm face. " I hope the truth will be soon revealed to you !", he whispered as his gaze fell over her dazzling face.
He bent down to place a kiss over her forehead, but the sudden appearance of Sanjiv's image on his mind restricted himself from doing so.

He warned himself and tried to get up while the the sound of the thunder made her wake suddenly hitting her forehead with his, making his artificial woman hair fall off from his head.

______________________________________

Vote and comment.