Part -7

Subhadra's POV

I don't know why I could sense the same feeling till now, when those brown eyes gaze onto me. I could still remember the tip of my lips drawing a curve awkwardly , a feeling that I never had before.

"Prince Arjun !", a name that was totally unknown to me, a person I have never met is now being a reason for my restlessness. "Yet his words were so soothing , the way he sees and act... But prince Sanjiv!!".

" What is happening with me?", I questioned myself. Why can't I stop thinking of him? Why my feelings towards him is different from the feelings that I had for Prince Sanjiv ?
I felt blank.

"Those eyes I fell in love with failed to see the loneliness that I grew each passing day "I thought with a heavy heart. "Am I losing my feelings for Prince Sanjiv? Or does he ", My heart ached with the question.

I denied at my thoughts, I feel like I am overthinking. "This can't be true....it can't be ! . Nothing is gone wrong!. I hope  !", I huffed at my thoughts.

Meanwhile Arjun and Sanjiv settled in a hut near by the forest. Arjun noticed the insecurity on Sanjiv's face.

" Is something wrong Sanjiv ? Why do I feel like you are unwell ?", Arjun asked and touched Sanjiv's forehead .
While Sanjiv removed his hands suddenly and looked at Arjun sternly. Arjun gazed at his actions confusly.

" Why did you gave her word Mitr? Do You think it's so easy! How can I simply ran away with her ? And Do you think that King Viraj will spare me ? He's such a creul person. You should have not given her word, I couldn't do it !",  Sanjiv exploded bit frownly.

Arjun heard Sanjiv's words with astonishment, he never imagine this from his Mitr.
" How could you think of yourself Sanjiv ? You can't be so selfish! Look at from her side too, she is ready to sacrifice everything she have that too for your love and how can you speak like that ? If you are bothered for you so much, then why did you love her ? You shouldn't have!", Arjun asked passing him a pity look.

Sanjiv bent down his head with guilt.
" I am sorry Mitr ! I shouldn't have  think like that . How can I act so blind without noticing her love for me, I'm really a selfish person! ", He whispered despondently, while Arjun consoled him.

" Sorry Arjun!, I was really frustrated by the things happening. I haven't told anyone in my kingdom about her and I don't know how they are gonna react by knowing that I loved the Kalingga Princess !", Sanjiv said nervously.

" It's okay ! I can understand your feelings and I am happy that you have accepted your mistake. But now We have to think about a good plan ", Arjun looked at Sanjiv to which he nodded.

" I am thinking of returning back to my kingdom,  Arjun ! So I can explain them everything about the matter by myself ", Sanjiv  replied after a deep thought.

" But that would take time , and we don't have enough  time to loss. ", Arjun hesitated.

" I know it Mitr, so I need your help in this. Could you safeguard her till I return !", Sanjiv asked with pleading eyes.

" Me? She's trapped in the kingdom, how can I get to her?", Arjun asked bemusly.

" Anyway I can't enter the kingdom as they knows me well. So could you disguise yourself and enter the kingdom for me ",  Sanjiv said and saw the same confused expression in Arjun's face.

" If you don't mind,  could you disguise yourself as her maid, so you could always be there around her..... I trust you Arjun ! Please do it for her sake !", said Sanjiv  which made Arjun gasp.

A Numbness taunts him, calling his name softly, fluttering out of his reach as he lunge for it. A sharp edge presses into a hope.
Her face appeared in his mind, smiles, and vanishes. The blade draws its sorrow over the inside of his arm, etching her smile into his skin.
"But no, I must resist ", he whispered himself.

" Will you ?", asked Sanjiv interrupting Arjun's thoughts. He huffed and nodded his head in a yes.

" Thank you so much Mitr ! I'm so lucky to have a friend like you.", Sanjiv said and hugged Arjun tightly.
" You wait, somehow I will arrange it with the help of Princess Shravya", he said breaking the hug. Arjun smiled slightly.

" But on one condition Sanjiv, neither Shravya nor Subhadra should come to know that I am the one who's disguised as the maid ", Arjun said with dire eyes.

" But why ? There won't be any trouble if they comes to know about it", Sanjiv asked bit puzzled.

" Even the walls have ears to capture the spoken words , Sanjiv !  And I don't want anyone of them to get in trouble because of me ", Arjun replied with a sober gaze to which Sanjiv agreed.

The next morning Sanjiv made Arjun to disguise himself as a maid.  After transforming , Arjun stepped out of the hut. Sanjiv looked him with widened eyes.

" You looks beautiful, Arjun !", He exclaimed giggling.  Arjun returned a small glare to him and followed Sanjiv towards the temple.

At the temple, Sanjiv saw Shravya coming out and went near her.  She looked around the surroundings suspiciously and greeted him.

" I'm here to tell you something princess, that I'm going back to my kingdom to inform about Subhadra. So, till then I return back , I want you to appoint this girl as subhadra's maid for a comfortance ", he said pointing out the girl near him.
Shravya nodded and noticed her irregular body structure.

" What's your name ?", she asked  smilingly glancing at her.

" I'm Brihannala , Princess !",he replied embarrassedly.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Vote and comment.