Part- 10

Subhadra opened her eyes to see the black figure before her. " Get away from me !", She shrieked out in fear taking the vase from the table, hitting on Arjun's forehead with complete force.

Arjun winced in pain and without making any noise , he moved to the flambeau holding his wound.

" Who are you ?", She asked as her gaze fixed at the moving figure.
Instead of giving an answer, Arjun lightened the flambeau making her astonished.

" Prince Arjun...! Brihannala..!", she muttered." So You were Brihannala?", She glanced at him with unbelievable eyes to which he nodded coming near her.

She moved back further at his act covering the blanket upto her shoulders and asked out confoundedly " What were you doing at this midnight hour?".

Her insecurity didn't go unoticed by Arjun . He tilted his head slightly and replied in a dramatic manner " Do you have any idea about how loud you snore, princess? You tooked my sleep away !".
He cleared his ear and side glanced Subhadra who was glaring at him.

" What? Snore?", she asked getting up to which he nodded with a wide smile.
" Oh, I guess the hit that I gave on your head made you an unconscious man !! Hmm..Well, already a half conscious fellow!", she said twirling the end of the dupatta he was wearing.

" And now that blow on your forehead made it complete !", She said laughingly while Arjun was just staring at her with loss of words.
Soon his gaze got blocked by the strands of his hair , which the wind dropped on his face. He moved it aside in a hurry brushing the wound.
" Ouch...!", the great warrior shrieked out in pain which made her hit the reality.

" Is it paining too much?", she asked with concern examining the wound.
Arjun glanced at her love and concerned filled eyes which was more than enough for him to get lost.
She snapped her fingers making him return back to sense.

Before he could utter anything, she dragged him with her and made him sit on the bed and started bandaging the wound. " I'm sorry !", she whispered in between.

" No princess, what you did was right ! It's completely my fault, I shouldn't have scared you in such a manner. By the way what were you murmuring in your dream ",he asked with a small sweet smile.

" Murmuring? Oh so ,I wasn't snoring!", she asked with smile raising one of her eyebrows.

"Don't you believe in yourself ?", He asked with a smirk.
"Hmm...More than you !", she replied with a giggle.

" So will you be my sakhi?", Arjun asked glancing at her eyes forwarding one of his hand. Subhadra nodded smilingly placing her hand on his"Sure Sakha!".

Maitraka

It was an evening, Sanjiv reached his kingdom and explained the matter to his family.

" What have you done Sanjiv! Atleast, You should have think about our kingdom, and your father... before taking such big decisions !", his mother exclaimed worriedly thinking about the consequences.

" Your mother is right ! You should have think about our kingdom. I never expected this from your side", Sanjiv's father muttered under his breath.

" But let me know , what have I done for these much blames ? Is Loving someone and wishing a contented life with them is a crime? ", Sanjiv looked at them for an answer.

" Son! I'm not against love or your choices but as a father, I can't see my son in trouble. So please take back your decisions!", He said folding his hands towards Sanjiv.

" But Why? I want to know the reason!", Sanjiv asked catching his hands.

Before his father could utter anything, his mother interrupted, " The reason is that, you are in love with not any ordinary princess but the Princess of Kalingga, the daughter or so called daughter of that creul King Viraj !".

" And if he comes to know about it, I'm sure he won't spare you alive ! Please listen to us once", Sanjiv's father said worriedly.

" You are all thinking about me and that King Viraj! But what about Subhadra? Is it her fault that she belongs to Kalingga ? I'm sorry, I can't betray her!", Sanjiv spoked out desperately to which his parents bowed their head.

" And you don't worry! Nothing's gonna happen to me till Prince Arjun is by my side", he added as he noticed his parent's anxiety but for his shock, it further increased their anxiety.

" What? Prince of Indraprastha ! You know about the rivals of Kalingga and Indraprastha . If King Viraj comes to know that you are the friend of that Arjun, he will not only attack you but also burn our whole kingdom alive ! . You have to think about our people, about us !", Sanjiv's father exclaimed in fear.

Sanjiv stood numb for a while glancing at his parent's tear filled eyes. He sighed and took his father to a distance for a talk. His mother watched them for a while and saw them coming.

" Alright ! Do as your wish !",his father said and left which made his mother shock.

Kalingga

Days passed,

Subhadra woke up as her eyes wandered searching for that person, her lips curved into a smile seeing him still sleeping on the couch with a smile on his face.

She got up and went near Arjun and stroked his hair .
" Sometimes I wonder,why god has sent you into my life. I wasn't this truly happy before...I have made friends but never in my whole life met a person like you... I don't know how this feelings going to end but the one thing I know that I'm scared of losing you !", she whispered and sighed at the thoughts of Sanjiv.

The sudden knock on the door made both of them jumped in jerk. Subhadra gestured Arjun to hide behind the curtains. He nodded and hide himself.

Subhadra opened the door to find the maid and asked about the matter.
" Greetings Princess, I have a news from the King! Your pre wedding ceremonies will start tomorrow as King Jairaj is gonna arrive today. So the King has ordered you to get ready for welcoming him !", the maid said and left the chamber.

" Will he come, Sakha?", she glanced at Arjun with tear filled eyes.

_____________________________________

Vote and comment