Part- 11

Arjun  hummed with a calm gesture and made her sit before the dressing table

Arjun  hummed with a calm gesture and made her sit before the dressing table. And without any word he started undoing her hair. She glanced at him confusly through the mirror but his eyes never gaved a chance to meet hers.

" Prince Arjun !", She called out but for her surprise he continued combing her hair without any response. Subhadra stood up impatiently snatching the comb from him and asked annoyingly " What do you think, you are doing?".

Arjun glanced at her and replied with a smile, "  You too have heard the king's order right ? King Jairaj is arriving today, So you have to get ready for welcoming him !", he looked at her puzzled eyes and took the comb from her.

" But...!", she stammered while he interrupted" Do You believe me ?", He asked glancing deep into her eyes.
She  looked at those serene bright eyes filled with emotions and nodded slightly breaking her trance.

“ Maybe I can’t promise to fix all your problems but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone. I will be always there by your side ” , he tooked her hands in his.  She glanced at his hand with a pleasant smile and left to get ready.

Viraj's Chamber

While Viraj was getting ready for the ceremony , he noticed Lekha watching him silently.
" What happened to you ? Nothing to advise today !", He asked with a smirk while adjusting his crown.

" Most people do not listen with the intent to understand, Arya! they only listen with the intent to reply ! And I'm sure that you will regret for your every deeds, when the time comes", she said with loathe tone making him furious.

" Are you arguing with me for that girl! Who is she to us ? Answer me? Is she so important to you than our own daughter!", He asked tempestuously gritting his teeth. She took a step back in fear but her motherly love doesn't allowed her to keep quiet, " She maybe nothing to you! But for me, She's my daughter, not by blood it seems but by heart ".

" Once this motherly affection saved her from my hands, but that doesn't mean it would work for this time too. Indeed you did a great job by saving her, orelse I would have missed a golden opportunity like this", he said with a triumph glancing at her.

" What are you upto, Arya?",she asked worriedly to which he gave a smile,
" If that time can make me regret, that time could give you all the answers for your question!", He said and left the chamber.
Lekha sighed and left to subhadra's chamber.

Arjun was busy  placing flowers on subhadra's hair with a sweet smile on his face. She sat still admiring him through the mirror. "Why do  I feel like I know you in some indescribable way. A way in which is unspoken !", she thought herself gazing at him.

" Now see how beautiful you look!", Arjun said placing the last flower on her hair and stood lost glancing at her reflection.
" It's  so good Sakha! It seems like you are expert in this job. May I know who's the reason !", she asked with a mischievous smile to which he smiled further.

" Hmm...sure. it's a girl ofcourse", he whispered closing his eyes recollecting her picture.
" Girl! Who's that?", she asked curiously with a pale smile.

" The girl who taught me love, the girl who brought me comfort, an angel who takes away all my pain, my support system, My mother !", He whispered with a bright smile glancing at her love filled eyes.

" Prince Arjun!, Can I ask you something..", she got up to ask something while Lekha entered.
Subhadra smiled and greeted her.
" It's time putri !", Lekha said caressing her hair. Subhadra hummed and left the chamber giving a glance at Arjun.

Arjun was about to step out while Lekha called out, " Putr Arjun !".

____________________________________

Vote and comment.