28 june 2012

age 16

now was the day i had been dreading, yet simultaneously, excited for. it was the qualification day, the trials. to see if i could make the olympics.

i was staying with harry while they had a break in their dates. he said hed come, that was always the plan, that hed come to watch, and to support me. it was exciting at the arena, i couldnt wait.

we arrived and i got ready. its was 30 minutes before warmup started and i was busy stretching. i was nervous. 

those 30 minutes went the quickest 30 minutes has ever gone. it was time. now was the time to compete. i put my tracksuit back on and got a pep talk from harry. it was nice.

we began warmup and i was struggling, i couldnt land any of my dismounts. it was horrible. and i was terrified.

but the warmup ended soon after. and i was scared. i was gonna fuck this up.

my first event was vault. oh shit.

i know i havent put a description of what maddie looks like, but ive chosen one person here, so if you wnat her to look like nastia, you can. but if you dont, then i dont care)

but i stuck it. i stuck the landing. i waited on the sideline with harry and my coach, waiting for my score

15.000

next was my bars, i was nervous, i kept stuffing up the landing

16.700

i was so happy, some of the best scores ive gotten. i nearly fell on the landing. but i didnt

beam next

16.100 

im so excited. now just the last one. floor. this could ruin my chances of qualifying all round.

as i finish in that ending pose. i feel my heart racing. thatw as the best one ive done

15.700

the score board shines. ive qualified

ive finally done it