the introduction

A few hours later, the plane landed in New York and you walked, again in silence, up to the tower. You get off the elevator and walk into a room of people who quickly turned their heads as they heard the elevator doors open and two people walk in. 

You just stand there, frozen to the spot your eyes darting around the room at high speeds trying to take everything in as quickly as possible. Then your dad speaks. "I would like you all to meet my daughter Y/N. She has been living with her aunt in England for the past 15 years." 

Everyone says hello. They seem nice enough you think in your head, different to everyone at home but nice. Then the elevator pinged again and in he walked. Your back was turn to begin with but once you heard the sound of his shoes you slowly turned around in what felt like slow motion. 

Yours eyes met and stayed on each other. It felt as if your souls had just joined in some way if that was even possible. Then he step forward again and the look was broken. He held out his hand, a little formal you thought to yourself, before he said "Bucky".

You held out your hand too "Y/N. Y.N Stark." you said smiling before your father took you and your 10 million bags to your room. 

Your room had a joint balcony with the room next door and floor to ceiling windows looking out over the city

Your room had a joint balcony with the room next door and floor to ceiling windows looking out over the city. Different to the endless fields from back home but it would have to do you thought to yourself. Your dad turned as if he was going to leave but before he does so he just say "Look kid I can't imagine how your feeling and I know I have a lot of explaining to do but I really appreciate you saying Y/N Stark earlier. It means a lot."

You don't say anything you just smile and nod before he leaves and you go out and sit on the balcony to facetime Ellie and show her everything. After Ellie has to leave because you know time difference sucks, you just stay sat out there for hours looking at how small everyone looked from where you were. You thought about what they could be thinking and what could be happening someone out there was probably having the best day of there life while at the same time someone else would be going through their worst. 

It was 8:30 before you went inside. You had watched the sunset, that was one thing you was happy hadn't changed after you'd been move across the world, and then you tried to look for the stars; but you couldn't see them. Your favourite thing about the world and you couldn't even see them. The stars were there for you when no one else was, from such a young age you would sit up at night and look at the stars wondering if daddy was looking at them too. As you got older, that started to fade away but you were still mesmerised by them. You would run out into the fields surrounding your house at 3 in the morning and just lay there for hours looking at the stars. You couldn't do that anymore.