new Avenger?

*BUCKY'S POINT OF VIEW*

I was still amazed at what Y/N could do and torn between what I had done and just keeping it a secret but I was also confused why she didn't help out on missions if she was able to control it so I just asked her "You don't have to answer but if you can control it and you have amazing combat skills why don't you help the avengers?" Y/N just looked down at her hands before answering "My dad being and avenger lost my mother her life and was the reason I got my powers. I've not always been able to control them and it almost cost me and my Aunt over lives before I could"

I just pulled her into a hug and gave her a small kiss on her forehead "Why don't you speak to your dad about it anyway" I didn't want to push her but I knew something she didn't know and we were going to very soon need all hands on deck. She paused again and I could tell this was hard for her "I'll talk to him about it"

*Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW*

You lied on the sofa with Bucky for a little while before getting up to go and speak to your dad who had arrived home and gone straight to his lab a few hours ago.

 You knocked on the door before entering and closing it behind. "I want to speak to you about helping out on a few missions" you said and your dad's eyes instantly shot up from what he was working on "I thought we talked about this if it wasn't for me being an Avenger your mother would still be alive and that you becoming an Avenger was out of the question"

 You let out a small sigh before saying back to him "I just want to use what I have for some good. Stop the people who took mum's life" Tony wasn't sure what to say back to that and you could see that by the look on his face "I just don't want to loose you too Y/N. I'm going to need you to promise me I won't loose you too"  

"You know I can't make a promise I can't keep" you told him a small hint of sadness in your voice. Your dad walked over to you and hugged you while he said "I know you can't but just try for me please." You let out a small smile "I'll try my best"

The two of you remained in a hug for what felt like forever. You can't remember your dad ever giving you a hug before but it felt comforting. You gave he a light punch on his shoulder and jokingly said "So do I get a suit then or not" Tony let out a small laugh back at you and turned to walk away saying back to you "Of course you do. Any colour preferences?" "Black and navy" you shouted as he walked further away from you "Red and gold. Got it" he shouted too and you made your way out of the lab.