the picture of a royal couple

⊰ chapter one ⊱

⊰ chapter one ⊱

The mid-winter breeze swept away the dust off the grounds of Zisk and journeyed to another end of the lands. The marketplace was less crowded during the winter, the West isle would send fresh berries and tame their mammals into milking to trade with North and as they have been, Northern was less busy. The realms were open for the first time in a decade except for the East realm as many noble families were coming to greet history's youngest crowned ruler. Men would just travel from far ends of the lands to kiss their companion ruler's hands.

This week was rather special as everyone had heard that the treats that were being delivered from house to house were an apology to the families the Queen couldn't invite to her wedding. The only gossip that cooked between the houses, schools, and churches was the Queen's intimate relationship with her former soldier-in-hand and now, her lawfully wedded husband. Young girls huffed with agony and despise for the Queen, unable to dream any further themselves with the friendly, heartthrob that once used to ride his horse over the markets.

But only Jeon Jungkook knew none of the fantasies people were assuming about the royal couple was true. Dara hadn't met eyes with him since he returned, not even a single glance since he crowned her. She hadn't sent a single letter, nor a word to go dine with her. And Jungkook did not bother. He believed he was at much peace the way he remained in his new champer flooded with gold, gifts, and luxury.

That, well, felt hollow and empty. His chamber, his bed was nothing without Dara's dreamy laugh. Not that it should affect him, but he missed wearing armor for her every day. Wearing the velvet white shirt with these expensive pants with jewelry across his collars and wrists was heavy and discomforting. He looked way upper of a caste than he was but he did remind himself that he was a Prince now. It was yet a bother, especially when they summoned him as 'Your Highness'.

Dara was Her Majesty now, and it suited her. Jungkook swore something above that term would have been fit for her but he couldn't accumulate any further titles much greater than that.

It was Jungkook's fifth night sleeping beside Dara's chamber. He heard the sound of rumbling from Dara's chambers, doors swinging open and all. He eventually got off the bed when he pictured a concubine walk into her chambers, the red dress would have looked alluring on her but his eyes blinked open from the vision. Jungkook quickly left his bed and grabbed a robe before walking through the passage to Dara's chamber. He opened the backdoor that connected the royal rooms and opened to her chamber in a full buzz of workers, everyone straightened when they saw the Prince, "Your Highness."

They bowed towards Jungkook as the man walked around the curtained bed. The medics passing a bowl inside the bed, "What happened?"

Jewel smiled, "Her Majesty could be pregnant."