the northern spirit

⊰ chapter thirteen ⊱

"Stay another night?" Jungkook gasped, "For what?"

"The festival," Aevi said, walking further into the woods. Jungkook looked back to see if Dara was following their tracks. The girl in the cream white evening gown was flicking her compass open and close, everything seemed to bore herself. Aevi grinned as if she had seen the worry in Jungkook that his eyes looked with at Dara, "Powerless. She looks plain without power, doesn't she, My Prince?"

Jungkook frowned back at Aevi as he followed her, "She is not plain. She is bored."

"Quiet the player she is, with power. Men. Blood." Aevi smiled. "She takes after Illari. Absolutely an anger head,"

"Definitely an anger head," Jungkook widened his eyes, "So, did Illari help Arver, to get to-,"

"Assume the future of your Kingdom?" Aevi nodded, "What Illari told Arver, know they both knew. But she used all of her magic, to foreshadow the future of Dara. When she was sure enough, she handed Arver her only daughter."

"That's a lot of history for a twenty two year old with a dead mother, don't you think?" Jungkook shook his head, "I don't know...she is going against her own commitments. I am in shock to see her so given up."

"What is your story, Prince?" Aevi asked, "I have never heard Illari mention one thing about you."

Jungkook shrugged, "The mole in the big story, am I not? Yeah, I bet Illari did not expect her daughter to marry a soldier."

"Yeah?" Aevi laughed crookedly, walking carefully through the broken branches, "Well, it's never too late for surprises, my boy. Your Queen could change her mind, now and then. And you could help her train -,"

"Last thing I am allowing for my Queen to be is to turn her into a goddamn falcon. She can fight unarmed with any of your stupid magic, she is enough." Jungkook looked at Dara who had no interest in their conversation. She wasn't very mindful lately. It worried Jungkook how she did not want to think, plan and emerge anymore. He tried to smile, still talking to Aevi, "You see the hair? It stays the way it is."

"I get you, lover boy, I get you," Aevi smirked at the two before turning on her heel, "Tag along, we have reached!"

As Aevi made her way out of the edge of the woods, Dara frowned at Jungkook, "What was that?"

"Huh? Oh, the hair." Jungkook nodded to himself awkwardly, "Saying how your people love...the red."

"They do?" Dara touched her hair, "You okay, Jungkook? You have been acting surprising lately."

The Prince frowned, "Surprising? What was surprising?"

Dara shrugged, "I don't know. You coming here with me still is a bit irrational. You should be at the kingdom, protecting it."