the extraordinary

⊰ chapter twelve ⊱

⊰ chapter twelve ⊱

Jungkook was staring at Dara's jaw, how they clenched from the nervousness that crawled her body, and how it had a good grasp on her heart and showed so warily in between her orbs. He wasn't fearful of what was going to happen to them, but he was terrified for what was coming for Dara.

"I failed everyone," Dara whispered lowly, "What now, really?"

Jungkook looked at the wide closed windowed compartment they were seated in, close to each other. Blankets wrapped around the two as they held warm cups of green tea in heir hands. Jungkook was about to touch Dara's hair when there was a knock on the door and in came Aevi. Her warm smile radiant as Jungkook could see Outerns peaking from behind. Aevi closed the door behind her and made her way to both, "Warm enough? We have more fire if you would like it,"

Jungkook shook his head, "My Queen and I are perfect. Thank you for letting us in," though he was still surprised about Aevi being the woman she was, and the village itself. He almost didn't think the village it would ever exist. Maybe Dara was right all along.

"The outerns believe you both are married, but let's not reveal the truth-,"

"We are married," Jungkook said, cutting her off but none of them received a notation from Dara. She was staring at her cup of tea, "Except for the fact that I might have intentionally given my last name wrong during the marriage, but I still carry Her Majesty's ring."

"Oh," Aevi exchanged a look with Dara who nodded her head and back at Jungkook, "But you are not expecting children I suppose. I don't feel the presence of it inside Dara."

Dara bit her lower lip, shaking her head, "Not any sooner."

"Very well. We can't have you pregnant with the kingdom falling apart," Aevi gained a surprised glance from Jungkook, "I'm a witch. I may be outcasted from East but I keep eyes on every realm. The compass...do you have it?"

Dara did not hesitate and she let Aevi have the compass at once, slipping it out of her pocket. Aevi smiled warmly, "You took good care of it. Illari's presence is still so alive in this compass. I wish she was more of the human than the gold metal itself."

Jungkook frowned, "Her mother is trapped in the compass?"

"No," Aevi chuckled, "But it's something like that. A part of her voice lives in this compass. Like an echo. Guiding the owner. She died for this compass, so Dara could have it. A part of her was left behind in it-,"

"A sacrifice," Dara looked at Jungkook. Jungkook swallowed. Dara looked at Aeivi, "North will fall below it's knees."

The three glanced down at the shiny metal as Aevi flicked open the compass and gave Dara a worried expression. Aevi raised her hand and waved it over the compass, which narrowed her face with its golden glare. As stories began to emerge around them, Jungkook's jaw gaped. They reminded Dara of the ribbons that encircled him in one of his numerous fantasies. Dara gaped in awe of the surroundings. Have you tried embracing the Falcon? Aevi asked Dara.