love conquers all

⊰ chapter eighteen ⊱

The elf put his hand over Dara's forehead, the worn out face scrunched as it looked at Dara, "She is getting worse."

Jungkook panted hard-riding the horse through the closed market with Dara against his chest didn't seem as easy as he thought it would be. Jungkook wanted to scream, but he spoke calmly, "What does that mean? Is it because of the compass?"

Dara gave the elf a squeezy look, "It's not. It takes time to inhabit it. I am still learning to control it."

"Learning to control it all by yourself will not be the good result of it, Your Majesty," the elf replied, examining Dara's compass, "Illari has left your compass. It is just you and the falcon, the northern spirit is impatient. But there is one thing you can do to stop this chaos, my child."

"I cannot stop fighting for North, grand elf," Dara's voice withered, "I am North's last straw. It's not power I yearn for anymore. I just want to be happy. I just want to settle down, pass it over. And I have to fight the Eastern, find out who is behind all this. If you cant tell me who it is, then show me a way."

The elf shook his head, eyebrows frowning, "The Eastern havoc itself has greater powers, Dara. I sense great danger ahead of you. It's unfortunate that none of mankind can identify the Eastern master-or ever can. It lives in veins, blood, souls. The magic that hides it is greater than you may think. You cannot fight it without proper training."

"What do you suggest?" Jungkook asked the elf, "Is there a way for it to stop?"

"One way can be advertised by Dara. Or experimented," the elf suggested, the clocks chiming slow in motion as he speaks darkly, the gold across the clock shop dims low as the elf's eyes glint. He motions his hand across the air and the Eastern Bounds are printed in the vacancy of the open air. Purple gates rise in air, Dara's eyes are glowing against them as she admires the elf's imagery. The elf waves his hands once more and Dara's compass is drawn in air, golden glints coming together, "Your compass has two of the strongest spirits at your custody. You can use them against the Eastern borders and shield the gates. The Eastern spirit is unfound, it cannot fight the light of the Great Falcon and the Rising Lion, it is weak against them. And so, the Eastern spirit is a part of Curve, and the curve is impossible to get past without Dara's compass which goes through the parallel realms. Only Dara can do it. This is the last way for North to stay protected, and for Dara to protect herself and her compass."

It took time for Jungkook and Dara to process it before Dara volunteered another option, "And if not?"

"Then it's best to destroy your compass and sacrifice yourself, Dara." the elf said, nothing but the bitter truth, "Zisk's dreams that intertwine with your past will be broken, the wait will be worthless but at least you have the Prince to fight the rest of the Easterns. Your compass drives it all, and it will be for the better end that it is destroyed."