the blood heir, the throne, and many scars

⊰ chapter twenty ⊱

⊰ chapter twenty ⊱

The Prince and the Queen's gaze never broke. As if it relied on each other's connection. Jungkook did not have justified words to explain himself; his heart was beating so fast, he could pour himself out right there. But he stayed. He stayed still, strong in his place as Dara's eyes wobbled with curiosity. What she had witnessed just now was beautiful. So beautiful her heart was contended. She did not know if she was joyous that Jungkook was easily the Northern Spirit holder, the prime owner of the Royal spirit―and it did not matter how he was one―Dara couldn't articulate words to speak.

Even so, definitely not when Jungkook finally broke his gaze to look back at the Easterns getting back on their feet to combat. Black mist drooling up the ground, Jungkook stepped away from the black liquid turning into gray vapor just when he saw alert signals of blue fire spread across the sky. His eyes rounded as he ran to Dara, grabbing her arm and snapping her out of her vision against the Easterns coming back for an attack, "Dara, we need to leave."

"What?" Dara frowned, "Leave where?"

Adona sensed it, "The power of the magic is different, Dara. It's stronger―I have never sensed such Eastern power. It's over-powering the previous Eastern attacks."

"We cannot just leave the Northerns like this!" Dara broke off Jungkook's grip, "We cannot keep hiding and fleeing, Jungkook―,"

Jungkook dragged Dara closer into him while swinging his sword once more at the Eastern's direction, the Rising Lion roaring away the Eastern soldiers. Dara gasped lightly when Jungkook gave her a strict squeeze around her wrist, spatting, "You are not powerful enough to fight them yet, Dara. Trust me when I say that you really are not. You have much more to learn. This is the bare minimum. We are not hiding, we are protecting you, and Theodore."

"I want to fight them―,"

"I forbid it." Jungkook held Dara's chin up, "We will come back."

"NO!" Dara yelled out, like a strong cry, "I need to stand with my people, Jungkook, you are no King, so you do not know how it is to stand in my shoes but I have to stay!"

"We are leaving," Jungkook warned, "Seokjin! Skovier! Take Adona and the Princeling to the carriage! Set off for the West!"

Seokjin hesitated. So did Skovier who stared at Dara's helpless face. He wouldn't move an inch without the Queen's orders. Dara shook her head, "Jungkook, what is wrong with you? You are the one who encouraged me to come back to the North, to fight! We are running out of time, we have to defy....ah...,"

"Dara?" Jungkook held on to the force of the Easterns trying to get through the Lion's Rising shield and break through while he gave Dara a concerned look, "What is it?"

The Queen turned her head to look at the bunch of black clad soldiers, amidst what seemed to be a pulling force. Silver flames, shining armor, black lipstick. Dara narrowed her eyes but she knew it her eyes rolled back and all that was left was the blank white. Jungkook's heart dropped to the ground and Adona shrieked. The Prince let go off the shield and pulled back Dara's body towards the Northern soldiers' as he felt Dara's body stray away towards the Eastern soldiers.